1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few new street candids...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Jul 13, 2007.

1. I haven't been doing much fun stuff, but I'm about to start up again. Just wanted to share a few candids I snapped yesterday... Comments always welcome. All with D2hs and 85 1.4, no flash...

I just had to get her... :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

Do you think she's enjoying herself?
    [​IMG]

She really didn't want to smile, but I forced her... LOL
    [​IMG]

I'm a fan of T-Shirts with a message...
    [​IMG]

She's got legs, and knows how to use them........
    [​IMG]

...last but not least, a shot of the Mayor of Newark, NJ - Corey Booker...
    [​IMG]

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Wow! Keith #1 looks like a planned model with hair and makeup - I love it! The last shot of the Mayor looks 3 dimensional - woof! Awesome stuff! Man I'm glad I kept my 85.

3. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Great candids with an awesome piece of glass, Keith. #1 model would have been a great subject in any model shoot and esp available light photography. :biggrin:

4. Very nice candids Keith. I got a kick out of #2 struttin her stuff and the shot of Mayor Booker all decked out.

5. Awesome series of streets shots Keith! Sharp and stunning colors. Man, it should be a crime to walk around looking that good in pic# 1.

6. Great shots! Thanks for sharing!

7. Nice shots Keith! I really the Mayor shot.

Anthony

8. I'm glad you kept the 85 too Fred!! You'll really miss it when it's gone! Thanks for the kind words. #1 was a lucky shot I think. I was toying with 2 shot bursts, and she blinked in the first image...

Thank you Banhup!! YOU ARE THE MAN when it comes to available light photography. I would have loved to shoot her alone, but I didn't approach her. I'm sure I'll see her again though. :biggrin:

#2 is actually a woman I work with named Erika, and I don't think she knew it was me taking the pic.... LOL The Mayor is a nice guy, he and my boss are working on some projects together. Thank alot!!

Thanks Peter!! LOL She had on alot of makeup and I doubt that all of the hair is natural, but it sure did look pretty darn good that day!!!!

Thanks John. No problem, I'm glad to have a place with such great people to share them with!!

I appreciate that Anthony. Thanks alot!

9. WOW Keith. Fabulous shots. Great with morning coffee. I love street shots.

10. Thanks alot Jim. I'm about to start doing some more street stuff, probably until the end of the summer...

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

and i'm glad u GOT her ..lol.....and the Mayor, classic shot pal ..btw, this is what this lens was designed for, photo J work (believe it or not) ...and photos like this isn't helping me with the lust i have for this glass..Lord help me ...;-)))
    ...dig these shots, all of them ....;-)))

12. Thanks Nute!! I had no idea the Cream Machine was designed for PJ work... It performed flawlessly in the 20-30 minutes it was used.

Don't worry, there will be many more beautiful women in the coming weeks. I promise!!!

13. Ok, I'll be the dissenting voice. I think the "girl" in #1 looks fake and plasticy.....to the point where I very much thought it was a "s-him" until I scrolled down a bit. I still think she looks horribly fake.

14. Keith, those are fantastic! The D2Hs and the 85 is the best combo for me so far and you use it better than I do.

15. I agree with you Gretchen, she had on tons of makeup, and it's even more evident in the shot where she blink (not shown). Totally overdone IMO as well. Other than that, how's the shot? :biggrin:

Thanks Dude!! I remember when you first picked up the D2hs... It's definitely a great combination!!!

16. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Great stuff keith...love your Mayor shot!

17. The shot is nice Keith, you're work is always a joy to look at. I was just dissenting from the view of her as a great subject/model. I still want to lift the chin and look for an "adam's apple." :wink:

18. Great stuff Keith. I love the one of the mayor... it's perfect.

19. Thanks Stuart. I think I will print that one for him and give it to him when he's in my office in two weeks... :biggrin:

Thanks Gretchen. You're hilarious. I've got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Thanks alot Anthony!!!

20. Great shots Keith. A nice stroll with camera in hand... I need to try it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.