A few oddballs from this week's InBox

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Wilk, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    OK, my LAST picture post for the week, I promise :Clown:

Just a few that don't fit well elsewhere (with good reason!) :eek:

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG]
    Not sure why exactly, but this is my fav for the week
    [​IMG]

The rest as always, is in my InBox

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I like the quadrangle; just when I think I've figured out what's going on in the ocular disconnect, I see something else that doesnt quite fit. It makes me wonder if the optometrist gave me someone else's glasses.

3. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hehehehe. Yes well, that's a composite of two very shallow DOF shots. I just couldn't resist when I saw that I shot it with two different focus points. I'm totally in love with shooting primes with shallow DOF.

Thanks for the compliments,Bob!

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I eventually decided that it must be a composite, but I still kept finding little areas that didn't seem to be part of either. You must have used a gradient to confuse. In any case, it's a fun image. [We sometimes get too serious.]

5. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hi Bob...

Actually, the defocus charictartistics of the 135mm F/2 DC are all it took. I was trying to decide if I even liked either image, close focus or far, then it hit me as I was playing with them to do a composite. Just a quick swipe of the healing brush in CS2, and it was done. I totally love that lens, as it has characteristics that other optics just don't have - not always the right lens to use, but it's sharp as a tack, and works well in a lot of situations. It also worked out quite well for party fog too :rolleyes:

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Steve second one yeah!!

7. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks Hans!

8. The second is my favorite but the last one is them most unique. My compliments on seeing the irony of it.

9. i love the disharmony between the in focus areas and out of focus areas of that last shot. It's almost like a visual conflict.

10. Nice series but for me Influx is the number 1.

Thanks for sharing.

11. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! A master shot!
    Cheers