1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few of Boston Marathon Leaders

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Allan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. My wife and I (both runners) were at the start of the hills at the Boston Marathon today. Here are a few of the leaders.

1. The woman's winner, Worknesh Degefa of Ethiopia, had a 2.5 minute lead at 17 miles.
    i-m3WvsMF-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. The pack following 2.5 minutes behind. Jordan Hasay was the first American coming in 3rd,
    i-MBVDNXX-X2.jpg

3. Des Linden - She won last year, the first American woman to do so in 33 years, This year she came in fifth.
    i-hgRGz2s-X2.jpg

3. The top men were all in a pack when I saw them The eventual winner, Lawrence Cherono, won by about 2/10ths of a second over Lelisa Desisa. The winner is the short guy right in the middle.
    i-gH2SFw7-X2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cool--how come you weren't in the race:D 

I've done 1 marathon and a bunch of halfs, but that was some time ago (the last in about 2006).

3. I did Boston 19 times, but the last was in 1996. I still run, but not fast at all.

4. Well done, Allan. But I don't see my son in any of those. :D 

This was his third or fourth Boston Marathon, and the 28th marathon that he has run, including the 2500th anniversary of the original event in Greece.

I ran two marathons back in my "salad days", but run no more.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  5. Ditto, ran 3 Bostons and a bunch of other ones. My body won't allow it anymore lol

6. As I age photography might not get easier but running certainly gets harder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.