A few older buildings

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
From the past summer trip, I just now finished processing these shots, I kinda forgot about them.....:eek:

D200, 12-24 lens, ISO 100, handheld, middle of the day light, Raw, NX processing,

thanks for looking,

Wade

f9 and 1/60 16mm,

original before NX work, and PS perspective work shot pretty much neutral settings or normal settings, as you can see pretty saturated greens and side of covered bridge even with normal camera settings.
DSC_4094.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one I used one color control point in the sky, a little bit of levels, also I switched to sRGB III before processing, color boost to +8, sharpening to 35, 15, 3, cropped etc.
DSC_4094.JPG

f10 and 1/40 24mm
Vacation%20school%20house.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wade :

I like the lines of both shots. They both carry the eye without the "corner to corner" leading line (which I quite candidly use too much). Fun.

The second shot almost begs one to consider a vertical crop with the fence and the building - did you try anything like that ?

That 12-24mm lens is a trip, eh ?

John P.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Nice! I like it very much. Wonderful colours and very good composition.

Thanks for the look,

Very nice. Colors are vibrant, maybe a tad over-saturated?

I wouldn't doubt it, I was in a color push mode yesterday! and instead of my usual aRGB to start in raw processing, I went all out went for sRGB III.

That's what I thought, too. The pics are nice nontheless.

Thanks Harry, Will post a pre processed image for you all to see, appreciate your thoughts,

cheers,

Wade

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Wade :
I like the lines of both shots. They both carry the eye without the "corner to corner" leading line (which I quite candidly use too much). Fun.
The second shot almost begs one to consider a vertical crop with the fence and the building - did you try anything like that ?
That 12-24mm lens is a trip, eh ?
John P.

John, the 12-24 is my most used outdoor lens next to my 200-400VR

and yes I did try a vert and this one I wasn't in the same happy color mode! lol

I just kinda missed the field of corn, and the large tree, so I personally preferred the original crop, although this is nice to, but you really hit the nail on the head, I really didn't want the line to come out of the corner and drive toward the house as much as it does in this crop. And on the covered bridge shot, I remember thinking, oh cool, the fence is coming out of midframe! Since there is a cliff there I can't place it in the corner! lol

Vacation%20school%20housecrop.JPG

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Love them!!! Where were you????

during my mad Missouri Dash, I traveled to probably 75% of our states state parks and refuges during last summer. I hit all four covered bridges, most of the large springs in the state, national historic battlefields, and other nice areas:

MOSpring2.JPG

Wade, I am a sucker for covered bridges and the composition is excellent, I like how the fence in #2 juts out a bit at you before continuing on towards the building. Well Done- Jeff

Excellent composition. These pics really exemplify the beauty of that state (my sister lives in St. Louis). Nicely done, Mike

Latest threads

Top Bottom