A few photos from Rhyolite--A NV Ghost Town

C&C Welcome. Here are a few snaps from a trip up to Rhyolite on Saturday night. It's about 2 hours north of Las Vegas. If you're ever visiting and have a car at your disposal, it's definitely worth the trip! There are a few saloons in Beaty which is just before Rhyolite which worth visiting just for the old west atmosphere alone!

i-Jg6htHr-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-P68G3cw-L.jpg

i-9gj4p8n-L.jpg

...and of course the gratuitous moon pic since it was nicely illuminating the landscape

i-m3wMctS-L.jpg

Real Name
John A Alexander
That first shot is superb. I was in Death Valley recently, but decided not to go back to Rhyolite. Your shot has made me regret that a decision a bit, but I doubt if I could have come up with such a great shot,

That first shot is superb. I was in Death Valley recently, but decided not to go back to Rhyolite. Your shot has made me regret that a decision a bit, but I doubt if I could have come up with such a great shot,

Thanks for the kind words. I realize the other pics are just kinda shots taken on location and nothing really specific about Rhyolite so here's one more that IS of the town:

i-gh8vZ3D-L.jpg

I really like the first one. Been there a few times, never saw the big can from #2. :)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom