A few pictures from my neck of the woods

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Neeper, May 9, 2005.

1. Comments are appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Nice work Neeper! Breathtaking view on the first. Well seen and done, all.
    Beatiful place.

3. Outstanding work. WOuld love to visit your neck of the woods.

4. Beautiful colors. The last shot is my favorite! :D :D :D

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beaitiful,

One and three are , or should be, Large wall hangers.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    As usual, I agree w/Gale...One and Three are superb!

7. Beautiful, Neeper. The first one is stunning. Over 20 years ago, I drove from Calgary to Vancouver, and right outside Calgary, I turned a corner and there loomed the Rockies.. phenomenal. So beautiful it looked like an artificial Hollywood scenery. I was truly amazed by it. Please give us more of these incredible mountains!

8. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Neeper,

Very nice stuff. I'm partial to #2 and #4. Both would have been interesting to bracket in order to try to tone down the highlights and balance the shadows. I really like the colors in #2.

Tom

9. Thank you for the comments everyone!!

10. Yes, even till this day I am still amazed. Everytime I go out there, it's relly is amazing how fast the mountains creep up on you. One minutes it's hills, next minute there are giant mountains. Best thing is, it's only 1 hour from here.

11. Very nice.... 1 and 3 are postcard material! Would like to visit your neck of the woods some day. Have some aquaintences in Edmonton.

Bohdan

12. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Number three is awesome! Makes me thirsty for that cold beer made from mountain spring water! 8)

13. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Excellent shots. You could probably clone out the lens flare on the second one.

14. Bodan, JAM: Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Jfrancis: I know, I am just lazy to do it. I probably should clone it out.

15. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Nice shots, as a former Edmonton resident I can't be too nice to a Calgarian but what the heck!! Good shots you got some great captures of the Albertan land!!

#1 is like everyone said a great shot, but I am very partial to #2, the rolling hills, yellow fields...great landscapes.

Keep on postin.

Joel.

16. Ron Chapman

Ron Chapman Guest

#3 makes me feel cool!