A few recent pics...

Discussion in 'People' started by KG72, Sep 1, 2008.

1. KG72

KG72 Guest

My Brother, Dustin...

[​IMG]

Kaylee...

Playing in the early morning light...
    [​IMG]

Looking all serious...
    [​IMG]

Wyatt...

'Sup Dad!
    [​IMG]

What a RUSH!(nothing great about this one... just love his expression... he was getting quite the kick out of the A/C)
    [​IMG]

Question about the pic of my Brother I posted. Other than switching to MF or stopping down(I love shooting at 1.4)... any tips on how to focus past a set of glasses to your subjects eyes?

2. When the depth of field is as tiny as this, you need to choose a focus point that's over the eyes, and NOT recompose afterwards, unless you're on your D300 and have it tracking.

Lovely shot by the way!

3. KG72

KG72 Guest

Thanks, Ed.

I thought I had focused above the rim of his glasses between his eyes. Took a few shots of him that way. Perhaps the focus point was still too close to the glasses and the camera chose to focus on them.

4. Use the AF-On method of focusing and not the half push of the shutter release and you will have much better luck. The DOF at f1.4 is pretty thin and you have to be right on to be successful at that.

5. KG72

KG72 Guest

Thanks, Gordon. Will give that a try too. Haven't played with the AF-ON button yet... just always used the half-pressed shutter method so far.