A few shots from our Alabama Trip

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JMartin, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Better late than never... Here are a couple bird shots from when me, Jen and the girls made our trek to Alabama for the cafe outting.

A visit to the "duck Pond"
    [​IMG]

The oh so rare bird catcher... just not enough lens to capture his secrets!
    [​IMG]

And a couple shots I got while at Guntersville Dam with Frank, Greg and Chris.

Eye spy with my little eye
    [​IMG]

A nice sized portion of breakfast!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking. I know this trip was a while ago, but was a great time and we came away with many new friends!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well, it's about time. :biggrin:

Very nice shots Joe. Now you just need to meet me down at Viera for some shooting in your neck of the woods. :smile:

3. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Nice shots Joe. the second shot was very appropriate viewing on Halloween,

4. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Just let me know when you are coming. I need to pull myself out of the office some any way. I have been working WAY too many hours.

Jen and the girls are leaving to go up to Ohio and visit family for a week or so, then they are driving back down with her parents. So I will have a couple weekends home alone :eek: What ever will I do with no one here to take care of me and keep me out of trouble! She better take my credit cards with her :rolleyes:

5. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Now Harry,

You wouldn't be hinting that I captured Frank's best side would you? :tongue:

6. Joe,
    Might be good to keep just one credit card at home :^)
    Nice shots! 2nd image scares me, i see the whole rig tipping over into the pond, YIKES!
    Dave

7. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Actually dave, we got much closer to the water. There is a walkway that lets you get right at the waters edge where Frank's tripod legs were almost in it, I believe. This was just after we first set up.

Oh, and that is no pond... that photo is actually at the Dam, we are just downstream of the dam and that water current was scooting! If his gear was to fall in, I doubt much of it would ever be seen again.

8. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Joe. I was wondering if you were ever going to post some of these.
    Looks like your processing is more backlogged than mine.:tongue:

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very nice set of shots
    except maybe the 2nd one :biggrin: :cool: that one must be special not even mentioned in my bird book :rolleyes:

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    BTW Joe, I meant to mention that I like your frames, especially the one with the golden stripe. Did you do these?

11. It's good to see that Frank is still sporting the official uniform out there. I must assume the yellow shirt was also "cafe" brand. I could'nt tell as my eyes are still recovering from the brightness of it. :biggrin:

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice work Joe, esp the one of the chimp(er) :wink:

13. JMartin

JMartin Guest

hehe Thanks Steve :biggrin:

Though he wasn't chimping, this was a shot I took real quick as we were getting set up. I figured he was trying to get all his "master" settings dialed in and was hoping I could steal some of his secrets to make my photos turn out nearly as good as his.

14. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Hey Chris,

I have actually slowly been working on processing everything. My backlog is huge, mainly do to work and my laziness of not wanting to do much but relax after my long days at the office. Sitting at a computer for 12+ hours a day really deters me from wanting to be working on one at home too!

Have you figured out when you will be down here for Thanksgiving? Be sure to let me know so we can get together somewhere for a shoot.

15. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Thank you Frank!

Yes, these frames are just something I did once as a quicky before posting a photo and I got some positive comments about that one, so they have kinda stuck as my thing.

If you would like to know how I do them I will post my process for you, it is actually quite simple. If you have Photoshop I can even send you one of my PSD files as a template.

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Joe,

Absolutely. You can just email them if you wish.

BTW, your answer to Steve was correct. I wasn't chimping, just setting up the cam. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :tongue:

Thanks!!

17. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    These are great shots...but I know for a fact that you took some at the Botanical Garden as well.......Would love to see some of them too if you ever have time!

Tell Jen and the girls we say hi and look forward to seeing you all again!