A few Shots from the Guntersville Dam

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gary,

Good teaser set for the big event next weekend. I hope that we can provide this level of quality shots to our out of town visitors.

Thanks!!

2. That's one hour's worth!!!?????? Well done, great series.

3. I think you should check with TVA to see if the Turbines will be on. (more Birds when on) The waxwings and small birds are still there but I didn't see the woodies. I only spent a little more than a hour there from3:30 to 4:30 PM.

Eagles are at Town Creek Evenings 5:00 to 7:00 PM. Also The cave walking trail before the dam for many small birds, but the snakes are out.

4. Sandi

Yes, That is about a hours worth and I could probanly post 20 more with similar quality from that hour. This is just a tease for the 4/1/07 shoot.

5. I am soooo looking forward to getting back to Guntersville Dam!!! Maybe THIS time I'll have better luck than I did last year when it comes to shooting the GBH and other birdies....!

6. Connie

I'll see if I can find you some. There are Many, Many of them and they come when TVA turns on the Turbines. I believe FLEW is going to check when they will be on. Other wise they are on every Sleugh within miles of the place. Hope to see you here and as I said these shots were all taken in about 1 hour tonight 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM

7. Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have looked! Beautiful! Just beautiful! Hope everyone has an absolute wonderful time next weekend! And if somebody see's "MY" eagle, get a shot of him for me!:eek: :biggrin:

8. Thanks Dianne

We will miss you.

9. Looking forward to meeting you! :smile: Yep, scare me up plenty of those gorgeous GBH! I'm very partial to them for some reason....

Hey, last year we were at the dam at the crack of dawn. Maybe we should go there in the late afternoon this time....! :biggrin:

10. I'm not sure About the Time of day but I know that if the turbines are running at the dam there are far more birds of all kinds come to the dam.
    There are a large group of Turkey Vultures, Waxwings, woodpeckers, Warblers, Cardinals and several duck species. There are Mallards and Geese in Huntsville and Guntersville, Eagles at Town Creek (A few Miles From Guntersville), Deer and Coyote. There are several nature walking trails, caves and All kinds of Critters very near the dam.

11. Gary, you better get that battery charged, fresh memory card in the camera and start shootin me some pics to drool over! I saw a kestril this afternoon and even got a pic of it, but it was too far away to be worth postin.

12. I can get those shots almost any time, I'm wanting to get Guests from out of town some pictuures to take home with them.

13. The more the better! LOL

14. I just got back from the dam, Didn't even pull the camera out. Just wanted to see how many species I could find in a hour. It is amazing how many I found as far as GBH I found a cove with 40 to 60 roosting birds, Wood Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, Cerdar Waxwings, cardinals, 3 different woodpeckers, Vultures, coot, and Numerous small birds. I think it should be a good shoot and all the trees are in bloom.