1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few shots from the Orange County Fair

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Bandnuts, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Here's a couple I took yesterday at the OC Fair. We went to see my daughter's 4H entry, but I just happened to have the camera with me :wink:

All done on a D300 w/18x200VR attached....

The Croud......
    [​IMG]

Chicken
    [​IMG]

A miniture (craft display)
    [​IMG]

The REAL reason my wife wanted to go.....
    [​IMG]

Pig Racing...
    [​IMG]

RIDES!!!! (the reason my daughter wanted to go)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A die-hard Canon fan....
    [​IMG]

Modern love.....
    [​IMG]

There's gotta be at least one KISS guy..... :Curved:
    [​IMG]

A pretty sunset (but they just noticed the drop)....
    [​IMG]

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    wow, these are fantastic. the pigs rounding the corner are my favorite

3. these are great...I too like the pig racing shot....no deep fried twinkies? LOL

4. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Nice job, with all of them. I saw the little pigs this year with my son at Delmar Fair. We also saw the monster trucks show they had on the same day. I was a little bummed that I did not have my camera. I did go back by my self, however, the pig race was not on. :-(

5. awesome series of images
    i'd delete the first 3... the best ones begin after those

the funnel cake looks delicious... i could eat 5 of them.... hence my waistline :smile:

your pig race shot is the BEST i've EVER seen

6. Great Shots!!! I am envious, I didn't get any good shots like that, at least not yet.
    Did you post any on the OC Fair's website????
    I was there yesterday also, hope you didn't have the same problem parking I did!!! :eek: 

7. Samaritan

Samaritan

Dec 29, 2007
    Buckeye State
    Super captures, shows a fun day.

8. Thanks, I had a few of the pigs that turned out real good. I guess it's cause they're just too cute.... :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments, but, no twinkes this trip......

They were cool for sure.... Thanks for commenting...

Greg, your comments hurt. Not that I can't take a dig on the photos (that's not an issue and I tend to agree). Just that my wife said the same thing as I was posting and she's been saying "I told you so" ever since reading your note. She doesn't like those either. They really don't go with the "fun" photos, do they? Thanks for the comments. Oh, and the wife said thanks too..... LOL

Thanks for the comments Kim. I haven't yet gone to their site yet. I will. And YES, I was stuck in the traffic and mess. Took us about 40 min to get from 405. We got to the gate at 1:15 and they were still letting people in free.

Thanks Larry.... I think I'll pull a few more pig shots out and post them in the animal section.

9. Great set of shots. You really captured the mood of a county fair.

The pig shot stands out, because, in my mind, they look so happy racing each other. :biggrin:

10. Gandalf

Gandalf

Nov 15, 2006
    Arkansas
    Beautiful colors! All are very good, but my votes go for the pigs and the funnel cake! Also, #7 really conveys a sense of motion--almost get dizzy looking at it!

11. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Pig racing, that looks like such fun. Thanks for sharing these images

12. Very nice series-

13. That last one really does it for me! Love the lighting.

14. RJLOMMD

RJLOMMD Guest

Great shots!

Who says the 18-200 VR can't do the job???

15. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    who won the race?? strawberry? the incredible pork?? Love the OC fair! it's a must! Great pics.

16. those are awesome photos! that funnel cake one made me crave!!! Oh and is that the kiss-wannabe's real tongue??? That's freaking long!!

17. Those are all wonderful photos ......... really a nice series.

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.