A few shots of last weekend's race (Nürburgring, Germany)

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Johan, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi Guys,

As the title of this topic already reveals, these shots are made during the VLN at the Nürburgring. I wanted to search for other places this time, because most of the photographers there take the same spots over and over again. Here are a few impressions:
    The first one is the Jaguar V8-Star of the Zakspeed racing team
    [​IMG]

The second one is maybe not that impressive when it comes to the car, it's a VW Bora Station wagon and itis powered by a high-tuned 1.9L TDI (Diesel :) ) It stocks 225 horses.
    [​IMG]

The last one a typical U.S. car that most of you will probably love, it is the Dodge Viper.... awesome sound.
    [​IMG]

Take care

Johan

2. Johan,
    These give a great sense of feel for the event. Great job! Thanks for sharing. Diesel racing?????

3. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi dmwphoto,

First of all thanks for your reply.
    The nice thing about these VLN-races is that there are different classes racing together. So, you have the top class of the 5000+ cc; for example that is the class were the Viper belongs :D Then you have a 5000 (max) cc class. This is not really representive because you have that black hyper-tuned biturbo porsche of Uwe Alzen Motorsport, this car is just insane it stocks well over the 700 horses and goes 25 seconds faster around the track each lap compared to the rest of the pack. At the end of the list you have the diesel class (VW Bora station wagon) and finally the division of 1.6 litre engines. Many different classes mean many cars, and that is very nice because one lap is 25 kilometres. The fastest machines lap it well under the 8 minutes :shock: :shock: 8) The first lap of the Uwe Alzen Porsche during the last VLN-race was good for a new lap time record.

Here is a pic of that black animal
    [​IMG]

Next race will be on the 16th July and I will be there, I hope the weather will be fine then.

Till next time then and take care

Johan

4. BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAADD to the bone!

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi johan-

great photos, thanks for sharing them. so zakspeed is now racing jaguars? i remember the black and yellow capri, that was a sweet car.

ricky

6. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Fks,

Zakspeed is racing with two cars actually. One of them is the Jaguar V8-star and the other one is the Viper. I can't remember them racing with a Capri :) But knowing Zakspeed, I definitely believe you when you say that it was a sweet car. Old Skool rulez :) No electronics, just pure hardcore petrol burners.

Regards