A few snaps . . .

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Taking pictures of young people is one of the things I like about photography. Here are a few of my grandkids.

Amelia and Gaylord:

original.

Sisters:

original.

Caitlin on rock:

original.

Christine:

original.

Mother (my wife) and daughters:

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    You have the most beautiful family!!! I always enjoy your posts of them.

3. Well done, and your models are beautiful. You should be very proud. These will provide wonderful memories for years to come.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amelia is a show stealer for sure.. she is just so precious.. Beautiful image of her..

The girls look great Gordon. Good job.
    I love the composition and pose on the third image.

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Gordon,

What lovely young people-- and your little Amelia is a beauty too.

Have you ever gotten a picture of everyone in your family at one time? How many of you are there altogether? You'd have to use a wide angle lens for sure.

Happy New Year and my best to you,

Gaye

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gaye,
    They don't make a lens that wide :>)))))))

(kidding with ya Gordon)

7. Thanks Leigh, you are always so kind to comment on my family pictures.

8. Muril, Gale:

Thanks so much for your nice comments. Ameliah is a cutey and we plan to keep her.:smile:

9. lovely girls, great photos.
    Dave

10. Thanks so much Gaye. The last complete family picture was taken about 9 years ago. It is so hard to get everyone together at one time. There are 38 of us now and we have another grandchild to be born next month and a great grandchild in August (our first). I just take pictures of them when we visit or when they visit.

11. Thanks Dave. By the way, the outside images were shot in Zion National Park. Looking forward to your visit in February.

12. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Gordon,

That's exactly how we have to do pictures with our large family. They live all over the country and one in Tunisia so it's impossible to get them all together.

Great about the new babes coming into your family. What a treat for you all,

Gaye

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Gordon...these images are just gorgeous. The girls are beautiful, the surroundings were awesome, exposures were dead-on...wow, your shots were perfect. Loved them all!

14. Thanks Frank, loved your comments. Fill flash on an overcast day is the best of all worlds, especially when one learns to control the background. All images shot with Manual setting on the camera and an SB 800 with a diffuser.

15. Your right Gale it would take a 1mm lens to get us all in and then with the curvature we would all look like blimps. Well maybe that would be an improvement.:rolleyes: :smile:

16. That little girl is adoreable. And these two sisters are very cute when can i book them for a photoshoot. Do you have only beautiful woman surrounding you. I am getting jealouse here!!!

Great work again and i bet they all love the photo's.

17. Little Amelia is a doll, no doubt about that. Not only that but she is always happy. Thanks for your nice comments Vince and should you ever visit over here I could make one of the kids available for your photography.

18. I don't know if that is such a good idea Gordon. What if i go back home i will get depressed. Because i know you will keep all these lovely ladies to photograph. And i go back only with my camera and compact flash cards with all the good memories. That will even make me more depressed. :biggrin:

I don't have much potraits shooting last few days. Because i am testing some lenses i am going to buy. I am testing a 24mm F/2.8 (i allready have this one but it haves a kenlock super wide (fisheye convertor on it) very fun to use. And i am testing a 55mm F/2.8 Micro manuel lens. These two lenses i really want to keep there in good condition and very sharp.

The third lens is a 170-500mm F/5-6.3 Apo sigma lens. It is in very good condition like the rest. It got a long reach but i did not get a good chance to test it yet. And i don't know if it will be a good lens for me. But i think i will buy them all. I can allways resell them they are in perfect mint condition.

I will post some results with the kenlock adapter in landscape section later on.

19. Gordon,
    Your "snaps" put most of my planned out portraits to shame.
    What a beautiful family you have. They must be a pleasure for you to photograph!

20. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Lovely shots Gordon and that first one is a Kodak I mean a Nikon moment!