A few soccer shots

I shot a girls soccer tourny on Saturday. Talk about hotit was 90 plus not a stich of wind and bright bright sunshine. It was tough work shooting all day the bright condtions made exposures a nightmare. OK enough complaining. Here are a few shots all with the d300 and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele.
621544917_P3BFx-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

621544596_hf3WC-X2.jpg

621545168_URQ5d-X2.jpg

621545061_X7Qyo-X2.jpg

621544624_K23np-X2.jpg

621545193_UBUg2-X2.jpg

621545066_6z5PU-X2.jpg

621544688_HawEL-X2.jpg

#5 and #6 are great.

Shooting some Mountain Bike stuff in 95 degree heat a few months back, not a single mph of wind, and dust galore, I feel your pain. But your shots came out great!

I'm blown away by the number of different US threads of Soccer shots. I had no idea that the sport was a popular in the USA as it appears to be.

I really like shot 1 in this set. if I was the Goalie I'd want a large print of that one on my wall.

Great job with the exposures Mike, and after trying my hand recently at soccer let me tell you I sure appreciate the isolation you've managed to get in 1, 5, 6, and 8 and still get good action. It ain't easy. Well done.

Hey Mike,

#1 is just AWESOME!! And knowing what it's like to shoot in that kind of H-A-R-S-H direct overhead sunlight I'd say you did a superb job of managing that side lighting.

M

MRCPix

nice work you did a great job controlling the exposures
come to TX all we have is 100 degree soccer days :)

The exposures look good for a bright and sunny day...nice set I'm sure the girls will love!
Thanks for looking
Even for what you had to go through Mike, you still got an amazing set out of it, as always!
Thanks
#5 and #6 are great.

Shooting some Mountain Bike stuff in 95 degree heat a few months back, not a single mph of wind, and dust galore, I feel your pain. But your shots came out great!
Yes the heat ears on you for sure staying hydrated is almost impossible
Thanks all for the comments I appreciate it

Nice series under bright sunny skies as always you handled it well
Mark
Thansk Mark
Graet pictures Mike, I like better #1
Thanks Marcos
I'm blown away by the number of different US threads of Soccer shots. I had no idea that the sport was a popular in the USA as it appears to be.

I really like shot 1 in this set. if I was the Goalie I'd want a large print of that one on my wall.
Soccer is huge here at the youth level i tis the pro level that has nver caught on
Killer shoooting Mike - I like em all.
Thanks Cahrles
Super Mike. Gotta love the 300 2.8!

I love it!

I've no sympathy for you, Mike. Welcome to my world of harsh Florida sun and high temps for our entire soccer season. Of course our team will have white uniforms again! First game this saturday at noon!!

Nicely done on the photos in some tough lighting!

Sure does look hot, like that No. 6 shot best
Thanks Broosk it was a barn burner...any football thsi weekend?
Great job with the exposures Mike, and after trying my hand recently at soccer let me tell you I sure appreciate the isolation you've managed to get in 1, 5, 6, and 8 and still get good action. It ain't easy. Well done.
Soccer to me is the hardest sport to come away with some good isolation images, I always seem to struggle with soccer
Hey Mike,

#1 is just AWESOME!! And knowing what it's like to shoot in that kind of H-A-R-S-H direct overhead sunlight I'd say you did a superb job of managing that side lighting.
Thank sSteve I really dig #1 also thanks for the kind words
nice work you did a great job controlling the exposures
come to TX all we have is 100 degree soccer days :)

LOl thanks and that is so true

I've no sympathy for you, Mike. Welcome to my world of harsh Florida sun and high temps for our entire soccer season. Of course our team will have white uniforms again! First game this saturday at noon!!

Nicely done on the photos in some tough lighting!

Mitch
thanks I know our heat pales in comparison the muggy weather you endure. white Uni's so unlike you need to sponsor that team and then pick the colors to give you a break, but like all your past posts show you will deliver nothing but top shelf images

Mitch
thanks I know our heat pales in comparison the muggy weather you endure. white Uni's so unlike you need to sponsor that team and then pick the colors to give you a break, but like all your past posts show you will deliver nothing but top shelf images

Thanks, Mike. I'm looking forward to getting back out there this weekend.

I've sponsored the team for years. Sadly, the girls all vote for white uniforms because it keeps them cooler. The needs of the team photographer never even get discussed!

Thanks, Mike. I'm looking forward to getting back out there this weekend.

I've sponsored the team for years. Sadly, the girls all vote for white uniforms because it keeps them cooler. The needs of the team photographer never even get discussed!

LMAO oh well as you said it is a fun time so go out and enjoy

Latest threads

Top Bottom