A few soccer shots

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jun 26, 2007.

1. I shot about 10 minutes of a game on my way to shoot baseb all on Saturday. I had to stiop and meet up with the rst of the shooters and get what I needed for my trip to the games.
    All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG Mike strikes again:>))

FANTASTIC

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great shots Mike! It is amazing the facial expressions caught on camera but never seen in live action.

4. Just beautiful, as usual Mike. Any tips on how to isolate the action against the background? Where do you place yourself relative to the field? I always seem to get the spectators and other sideline items in the background.

5. Fantastic stuff as always Mike...nice series.

6. Nice light (8am at the shore?)and action, too bad about the garbage can in #2

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow Mike, just great as usual. Aside from the perfect composition, I am so blown away with how you handle highlights. The fabrics look lifelike. Viewing your images is like going to school. Thanks so much for sharing, we learn so much by your examples and commentary.

8. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Great shots as usual Mike .... you shoot for 10 minutes and come up with images most of us lowly mortals do not get in a whole hour and some more. Your image quality, your positioning on the field and your PP work is just amazing.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Excellent..as usual! I hope to cover some soccer this year. Now if I could just get my images to look as good as yours.:biggrin:

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Excellent..as usual! I hope to cover some soccer this year. Now if I could just get my images to look as good as yours.:biggrin:

11. Mike, That first shot is priceless! Great shots.

Anthony

12. Thanks Mike, great shots, I'm continuing my sports shooting education by all your posts...

13. Larry
    That is one of the biggest challenges when shooting at youth fields.
    For example in the first shot why would the tournament directors put a trash can behind the goal?????
    I try to shot from near the end of the fields and not across the fields so the parents and bench's don't make for cluttered backgrounds. Shoot wide open to try and get the least amount of DOF.
    Also get low down on your knees and shoot this gives a upward angle and can sometimes take some of the distracting backgrounds out of the picture.
    Hope these help a bit

14. Thanks why would they put a garbage can there eludes me!!!!

15. Thanks so much Frank I appreciate the praise. When you take 4000 images a day you are bound to get one or two good ones :Wink:

16. Thanks Jeff the images and I mean your too on this forum are the same quality as mine.
    Make sure you shot soccer there are a ton of photo ops during a game

17. Thanks Anthony I appreciate that it was my favorite of the half I shot

18. Thanks Chris just keep at it and shoot your butt off

19. Super nice pics, Mike. Just out of curiousity, what lens speed were you getting at the time you took these? I assume you were using 2.8? Or was it 4.0?