A few test shots with Tokina 12-24 f4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by flygirl1, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Well folks I just processed 2 shots taken with my new Tokina 12-24. They were taken with my D200 at ISO100 and 12mm. The one with the camera in it was taken at f8, the other f11. I will be taking some more shots today at a marina where were taking my Dad for dinner and will post those too. There is a bit of a learning curve for me, because I am use to long lenses, but overall I think the lens works a treat. The feel is very nice and the clutch mechanism for AF to MF is smooth. My in camera setting is +1 for sharpness and I pp in NX using 50%, 5, 4 in USM and changed the color Mode to III. The AF seems to be quite fast and as far as noisy AF, I did not notice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cheers all
    Nancy

2. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    Nancy,

Congrats on your tokina 12-24.
    You did well with your pics too. I have to learn to use the uwa/wa.
    Post some more.

regards.

3. Thanks:smile:. I will for sure. Today I will take some at f4 and f5.6 also.

Cheers
    Nancy

4. Super shots Nancy. I'm sure you'll shortly love this lens. I've taken a couple of flash shots and I like what I see so far. Just waiting for the sun to come out and get out of doors with it.

Thanks for sharing these shots.
    Louie

5. Thanks Louie:smile:. They are simple shots, but just want to get used to the lens before our trip.

Nancy

6. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Very nice color and sharpness, I think you will do well on the trip with it.

7. Thank you Jeff:smile:. At least Alaska has plenty of material, no loss for shots.

Cheers
    Nancy

8. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    aaaaahhhh, DARN YOU NANCY! :mad: I want to order this lens NOW. BUT... I think I might get a D40 first so that my wife can start getting a lot of the great pics of our little girl that she's been missing since my D80 is too heavy and bulky for her to use when I'm not around. :frown:

9. Beautiful shots! I just bought this lens a couple hours ago, and I hope I get similar results.

10. Well, these were really just test shots of a wonderful place that me and friends of mine going to catch the birdies, but it gave me a chance to see how the lens does. So far everything about it is nice. It does give you a different perspective on the world as opposed to my telephoto world:smile:.

Nancy