A few weekend birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, May 31, 2005.

1. Beautiful series Mike, your use of fill flash is great!. Dang what I would give to have a front yard as such!!! The finches are exceptional, and luv the one with the horns!!!

Must be missing something, what happened in respect to not leaving the front porch? always the last to know. LOL

Are you going to Merritt??

2. Keith
    Thanks for looking I just added to hummingbird feeders so I hope these little guys start coming around
    I have just been so busy around the house and taking care of my Mothers affair since she passed away two weeks ago that I have zero free time to go out and shoot.
    No Merritt for me this time maybe this fall after things settle down a bit, I sure am jealous though and look forward to the gigs of pictures that they come back with

3. Mike......

My sincere condolences Mike, my heart goes out to you and your family. Very awkward to speak about it, just know we are thinking of you. Time is a wonderful thing and great memories........

Merritt, Im envious too! thought about it, but you know what, our winters are sooooooooo long, that if I make the trip, it will have to be January or so, so I can enjoy getting back in shorts and help break up the menotiny (not sure if that is how it is spelled. LOL) and have some fun with it. I think it would be a hoot to actually get the opportunity to meet allot of these great people on this forum!!!! I can sell it to my family if I fly them out for a holiday to do Disney and Universal in Florida, and hide away for 2-3 days............ trust me , im working on my plan. LOL

4. Great series of shots Mike! I wish I could shoot the little ones like you do.

5. Mike,

Impressive!

Excellent series and thanks for sharing.

6. Mike, I always enjoy your fantastic photography!! :D :D :D

7. Great shots Mike! :) :) :) They're all super, but the third and last one are my favorites of these.

I think the second one with the 'horns' is a juvenile. Last year I took a few shots of a young chipping sparrow that had similar downy feathers sticking up from its head.

Thanks for sharing.

8. Harris it is called patience that is all it takes

9. Really wonderfull shots Mike. I love the second and the lighting on the cardinal as well the last shot. Quite a backyard you have.

10. Thanks so much for looking and commenting I appreciate it

11. Thanks my friend you always have such kind words.. so how is little league going

12. Thanks for the ID I was kind of leanign that way thanks for lookign I appreciate it