a few with my new 300 f4

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Paul Evans, May 20, 2007.

1. These are some of the very first shots with my new 300 f4 and TC-14EII.... shot off a tripod, through the open window over the kitchen sink, towards the bird feeder on the deck.....

The routine is: arrive home at 6:00, grab the tripod and camera, open the window, mix a gin & tonic, sip on G&T while waiting for the birds to pose for me... LIFE IS SWEET! Now if I can only get the sun to shine everyday....

Comments please......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Wow those are great. Very sharp.

3. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    Nice shots, Paul. I am currently saving for this very lens. How would you compare it to your 70-200 as far as handeling? It does well with the 2x TC as well. If you are interested I can hook you up with a link to Ronnie's samples.

4. Very sharp, nice birds.

5. Beautiful captures, Paul. The 300/4 is a great lens.

6. Paul, I told you before... I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN ! ! !

Excellent shots, however I would prefer a Mojito... :biggrin:

7. Very nice! Sharp and lots of detail.

Hmm, gin and tonic...mojito... Since we're placing orders, can I have a white russian? :wink:

8. Very nice images.. You certainly have a good combination there. I like your routine, too. Make mine red wine -- good for the heart, you know.

9. Beautiful!!!!!!! And if you're taking drink orders, I'll take a nice iced tea! Oh, are you coming to the MI get together? Maybe we should just come over to your house!:wink::biggrin:

10. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Nice catch Paul,just ordered that little set-up not 10 min ago from B&H be here sometime wed or thur.Again really sharp pics you captured here bravo.:biggrin::biggrin:

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Niceeeeeee
    Beautiful pics
    Great lens

12. midi

midi Guest

Hi Paul

Very nice and sharp showing excellent detail. This one is awesome..
    [​IMG]

13. Wow, Great set of photos , that is one sharp lens and the man behind the camera Ain't bad either Paul

14. thanks all for your kind remarks....

anytime you find yourself in beautiful tropical South East Michigan... be sure to stop by... I will be certain to have all the "health" tonics on hand - Gin, Mojito, white russians and red wine (and some spiced rum)!

15. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Wow awesome photos,Whats your secret the G&T?Great Job
    arnie

16. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats Paul, these are just gorgeous. I am very impressed with the clarity of each capture. You did a heck of a job with this series.

17. thanks Arnie and Frank.. I appreciate your kind remarks....

18. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    super shots with a great combo, and the photog skill is to be commended too. too often we forget that good tools need good guidance!

Cheers,

Wade

19. These shots are sharp, colorful and well done. Looks like you new lens is a keeper.

20. Congrats on the new lens. Looks like a sweet hunk of glass. Nice set of pics. Definitely sharp.