A few with my new Beast

Discussion in 'People' started by jklofft, Dec 19, 2005.

1. I really like my new 28-70. It is a far better midrange zoom on the D2x then the 17-55dx for people photos. Here are a few from last weekends early extended family Christmas.

2. 1st 2 are great. third is a bit soft. Do you like the focal length better as compared to the 17-55 or some other quality?

3. Thanks. Each of the two lenses has a useful focal length, but for people, I much prefer the look of the 28-70. I seems to me that the 17-55 has it's heritage in the 17-35, which although a stellar lens, is more of a landscape lens and for some reason, people photos look better with the 28-70. I agree about the softness of #3. It's 1/45 at about 50mm f/2.8 and the focal point is on her arm and not the faces, but the moment was there...

4. The moment was definately there

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I have lusted after this lens for months. I could bear it no longer so I ordered mine today. I can't wait for it to get here. I got the shipping notice shortly after I ordered. If I am lucky I will be able to show some Christmas pictures taken with it.

6. nice family pictures, but they seem a little underexposed to me.

7. Is your monitor calibrated? They seem OK on mine (which is calibrated) and I printed two of them and they were fine as well.

8. These are beautiful and sooooo typical of how this lens sees people. Absolutely incredible glass and my weapon of choice in the studio.

Woody

9. Woody.

Thanks. I can’t believe I let the size of this lens keep me from getting it for so long. The funny thing is, it is not that much bigger then the 17-55.

10. I think the size is perfect. You point that thing at someone and it's instant respect.

Woody