A few with the D600

I wanted to try it out for macro, but I really like the DX format better. I will definitely shoot more flowers with it, but the FOV & DOF are just not what I am used to for insects. That said, it did pretty well - D600/TC1.4/105VR/R1 Handheld -

1)

DSC_1912-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)

DSC_1929-XL.jpg

3)

DSC_1920-XL.jpg

4)

DSC_1925-XL.jpg

Looks really good, Chad...! :smile:

I know what you're saying though... I'd like to go FF but I'd hate loosing the crop/DOF
on macro and having to buy longer more expensive lenses for reach with telephoto...
The only gain I see with FF is better wide angle and low light performance... You could
of course crop I suppose...

Excellent, Chad. I was going to get the 6D, but settled for the 60D because of the crop factor and the price!

Looks really good, Chad...! :smile:

I know what you're saying though... I'd like to go FF but I'd hate loosing the crop/DOF
on macro and having to buy longer more expensive lenses for reach with telephoto...
The only gain I see with FF is better wide angle and low light performance... You could
of course crop I suppose...

Thanks William! Those are cropped a bit, but would have been easier with a DX camera.

Excellent, Chad. I was going to get the 6D, but settled for the 60D because of the crop factor and the price!

Thanks Tri! I think that you made the right call.

Good stuff. What lens?

Thanks Alex! TC1.4/105VR so shooting around 150mm.

These are really beautiful, Chad! I'm enjoying your comments because I've been torturing myself for months with the dx/fx question! It seems you do well either way!

Thanks Dossy! FX is, IMO, better for landscape/People, but now that I have really given it a shot, I think that I am going to stick with DX for macro.

Even though you lose a little with the FX, the detail and richness of image #1 and #3 are great!

as usual excellent shots.

Thanks!

Someone's having a ball with their 600:cool:

Its a different look & feel and yes - very fun!

Great shots! Love the details in #1.

Thanks Ted!

Even though you lose a little with the FX, the detail and richness of image #1 and #3 are great!

Thanks Manny! You nailed the problem that I am having - the FX files are very nice and in some circumstances "better". But that loss of reach is a PITA with fast movers.

Phenomenal.

Thanks Cynthia!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom