a few with the sigma 85 1.4

5709208932_47ae590ded_z.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5709208702_2d72f58bb6_z.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 902958

View attachment 902959

View attachment 902960

Agreed! Awesome shots, but #1 is definitely my favorite. Great lighting and I love that you composed this to leave a "path" of field in front of her leading to the horizon.

Excellent! I think you nailed lighting, posing and composition! I have to say #1 is my fav as well with #3 running a very close second. I love the fence in this one!

I have to agree with everyone else. #1 is the winner.

Also - it helps to number your images :smile:

I agree that the shots are very nice, and that the lighting, composition and lens choice are great. Not a huge fan of #2, but that is a personal preference. I personally would back off a bit on the skin smoothing, but that is more personal preference as well.

Nice Hayden. It's good to see some shots from this lens in threads other than lens lust.
Is #1 all natural light?

And are you satisfied with the lens?

For me, I wanting to save for either the 35mm or 85 af-s. The shots I'm seeing from the sigma is starting to make the decision easier.

All are with natural light. A few have a reflector. I dont shoot sports, but for portrait work this lens is great. Focus is good in low light and fast enough. It flares a bit in direct sun but not a $1000 enough difference for me. I think Sigma is beginning to put some quality lenses together. This and the 50 1.4 are the only ones i would recommend from them now though.

Yes. I'm currently building a set of primes and the 50mm sigma is top of the list. Waiting to see the first tests of the 50mm 1.8 af-s though. It may just be a penny-wonder when it comes to bokeh.

If I go for the 35 1.4 then the sigma will be my 85mm choice. I have a long portrait lens in the 135 dc, so it's also harder to justify an 85mm until I have saved up and have the others.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom