A first for me....what/which do you prefer please...

I really like both of course. I do like the Impression better but only because it is a bit softer and makes her face more appealing.

I think the second one is softer and more natural .....but I like the color of the first one better. Your smudge looks more detailed and done by hand. Guess it depends on what you're looking for. Both are very nice.

Many thanks for the feedback...I think it is going to be a case of experiment with this and see what happens...will try another and make the original less sharp perhaps...

Best wishes and thanks for the helpful comments...

Ray

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Another vote for the second.....it is softer and more natural. Color seems fine in both, at least to me.

My first reaction was to the strong lines around the eyes. I think they can be softened without making her look surprised or -- -- yes, a little bit angry. I think that's the feeling I got when I first saw the larger-sized ones. (startled? surprised? not happy with what annoyed her or interrupted her??)
Sharpness in eyes can end at the eyelashes and then artistic mercy can start.

just an opinion of a smudger far less talented than you.

Many thanks for the helpful replies...always value opinions from friends here....thanks very much

Best wishes

Ray

Real Name
Chris
I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that I prefer the hand done work Ray. I know that you have complete control with your process, so you can meter how much of 'the effect' you show. Perhaps if one is making this to please a client, then the Topaz would be easy and quick, but for artistic expression, the greater control, and the harder lines could make a more definite statement.

Latest threads

Top Bottom