A Flicker ...

Just a little bird from a real winter country

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Boobie Joe said:

[\quote]

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but pBase and the "Red X" strike again....however, a quick right-click, copy and paste in a new browser and I can say...

"Darn nice Flicker, oh Boobie-Wan-Canadian"....

I saw a couple today, but they were about 50 feet away and 40 feet up in a tree. Looked nice, and if I want to crop out 80% of the frame they look like Flickers......

What was in the background on the left side? It really "blurred out" nicely, nice color touch. You were pretty darned close, at 70mm, eh?

Could you get any closer

Great capture and great colors, still down in FLA till this evening then home to process 10 gig worth of shots!!!!!

Boobie Joe said:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real nice image of a flicker. They are beautiful birds and you have captured it so well.

Yves, I just love this one. I saw one of these guys a week or so ago, but couldn't get nearly this close. :?

These are very attractive birds and you have caught this one very well. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

Beautiful shot as always Yves.

Just to be pedantic though, I think this is a Downy Woodpecker rather than a Flicker. Might be a Hairy, but the spots on the outer tail feathers suggest a Downy. Janet could confirm or correct of course. :)

Love the sharpness and the clarity - can count every feather. Something I never seem to achieve.

Neil

Hey Neil ...

NeilCam said:
Beautiful shot as always Yves.

Just to be pedantic though, I think this is a Downy Woodpecker rather than a Flicker. Might be a Hairy, but the spots on the outer tail feathers suggest a Downy. Janet could confirm or correct of course. :)

Love the sharpness and the clarity - can count every feather. Something I never seem to achieve.

Neil
That only shows you how much I know about birds ... :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom