A Fortnight in Crete

Hi guys

Just back from a couple of weeks holiday on the beautiful island of Crete. Here's a few shots that may mean nothing to anyone but me. But hey, I thought I'd like to share them just the same... :biggrin:

Approaching the island of Spinalonga (if you've read The Island by Victoria Hislop, you'll know about this place):
p598873485.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Knossos Palace:
p1015890614.jpg

Rethymno Bay:
p728973870.jpg

Margarites Ceramic Workshop:
p645419735.jpg

Hamalevri House:
p887392281.jpg

Rethymno Lane:
p947154775.jpg

Rethymno Fountain:
p640208388.jpg

Hania Bay:
p897098769.jpg

Thanks Rich :biggrin:

As you say, the colours were lovely. I have PP'd my RAW shots a little, but really only to put back come of the colours that the RAW files lacked. I loved the place and really didn't want to come home. The whole pace of life makes me question why we do what we do, striving to better ourselves, working to get material possessions, enhance our careers etc.

Even the kids and young men and women did not want to live in the cities. It was the village lifestyle for them, at least all those I spoke to.

Ya know what? I think I'd swap everything I own to live that lifestyle...

:biggrin:

I love them!
I was fortunate to spend some time there in 2003 - so I know you really enjoyed yourself....:smile:

I loved the place and really didn't want to come home. The whole pace of life makes me question why we do what we do, striving to better ourselves, working to get material possessions, enhance our careers etc.

Even the kids and young men and women did not want to live in the cities. It was the village lifestyle for them, at least all those I spoke to.

Ya know what? I think I'd swap everything I own to live that lifestyle...

:biggrin:

Inspirational! Loverly set of photos.
I must get round to doing last years and this years Zante photos done. We are looking at crete in 2011 though if business keeps up may do it next year.
I think as a first time visitor it will need two weeks? How much of the island did you see /tour?
Totally agree with you about the Greek way of life, I rekon if i "retire" (will always be taking photos!) to Greece i would live 10 years longer! Its a fantastic country + islands

Thanks Simon.

As far as a duration is concerned, let me put it this way; I was there two weeks, drove 1000 miles and only saw a fraction of the island. Never made it to the south coast which, by all accounts, is more beautiful than the north coast.

Very nice photos.....looks like such a laid bak life style......fishing almost everyday.......as long as I could keep up on my cam gear....for documentary purposes of course :-}}

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Lovely pictures!

I loved the place and really didn't want to come home.

Yes, I've been there a few times and I would be glad to live there when I stop working. The whole atmosphere has 'something'. Really very nice.

And if you have the change to return, go to the south side. It's indeed very beautiful, different as the north side.

Latest threads

Top Bottom