A Fortnight in Crete

Hi Martin.
Fantastic work here! I´ve been there a couple of years ago and therefore, perfectly understand why you´d swap everything you own to live that lifestyle...
The colours of the pictures are really gorgeous. As I love dusk light, the one from Rethymno is one of my favorites. Also, the way you captured the local fountain was perfect.
When I was there, I also drove several miles but didn´t manage to see everything I´d liked to visit, specially to the east.
BTW: have you been to Agios Nikolaos? Did you take pictures from there?
Regards

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Thanks for your kind words Rui. I never go there I'm afraid. Saw the signs several times but always en-route to somewhere else.

Here's a few more shots tho:

p975897964.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1046225785.jpg

p860338023.jpg

p1065964383.jpg

Crete is always a place Ive wanted to visit but not yet had the opportunity to see. Great pictures. Id probably swap everything I own for that kind of life too.

wonderful pictures, Martin. Crete is one of only 2 places (so far) that I hope to retire to; such a lovely place. thanks for bringing back new perspectives.

Great photos, Martin! I visited Chania/Crete for 3.5 weeks a few years ago and just loved it. I hated to come home. Glad to see you trekked the seawall to get out to the Chania lighthouse. It looks like your trip would make a great photobook.

Really nice captures. The colors really help tell a story in these photos. There's one more place I have to visit now!

Thanks again for your compliments folks.

And you're right Sandi - Crete is a lovely place and I found Hania (sometimes the Greeks spelt it with a C, sometimes with an X, sometimes with just the H) to be perhaps the prettiest of the larger towns.

Latest threads

Top Bottom