A fortress by the land vs a fortress by the sea

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Rui, I think both have elements that are out of place (out of time). In the first, the white structure in the foreground; in the second; the buildings and vehicles on the left hand side. That said, I prefer the one by the sea. [We can search for the perfect angle, lighting, etc., but perfection may not be physically possible.]

2. a fortress by the lans vs a fortress by the sea

Hi Bob.
    Actually you are right. However some physical circunstancies forced me to include those elements: in the first one, the white building is a small church next to the castel and there is no other angle to shoot at both.
    In the second, I could crop the left side a little to avoid the cars but I'd rather include some of the rocks in the frame and as you can see both things are in the same "row".
    Anyway thank you for your suggestions.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Rui,
    I think we've all been there when it comes to trying to avoid obstructions. I took a close look at the seaside image -- if you look at the elevation of the horizon on the right, it coincides almost perfectly with the upper roadway on the left. It would therefore be possible to mask and clone out the buildings and vehicles, while retaining the rocks (and hillside between the lower and upper roadways). I agree that the rocks on the left add balance to the overall image.

4. Bob,
    Yes, you are right! I'll do it later at home. Thank you again for your advices.