A Full Moon...

Moonrise | Maroubra Beach | Sydney, Australia 2008
2008_08_015_032crop_700e.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bessa R2 | Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f2.0 | Efke KB50 | Rodinal 1:100

About a 40sec exposure at f4.0

Now you've done it - I'll be singing that Creedence song in my head for days! I like the way you have the moon and sky in the upper third of the image with the ocean and rocks dominating the foreground. Good stuff Mr. Landscape!:smile:

Thanks, Tim.

Chris, I really want a large print of this. I start using some old Rodinal I found in the basement, and wow, are the tones so nice with this slow speed Efke film.

Ray, although it does not look like it, I was waist deep in the surf for this photo. The Bessa was about 12 inches above the high-water line! And the new lens got nailed!

It was tricky swell, I wanted this composition, but most of the time it was underwater, but about every 5 minutes or so the swell would pull back for about a minute and expose the rocks and sand.

I was standing there for the longest time, trying to figure out how I was going to get the shot without getting wet, when I thought, Ray would be disappointed if I stayed dry! So I waded in. You have to remember it is winter here, so the air temperature was about 50° with water a little warmer, thank goodness!

Odd thing is, I have been taking a hot shower with my tripod a lot lately...

Wonderful shot! So much more exciting than my shot of the nearly full moon from the other night.

I think you need to invest in an underwater housing for your gear. You will be spending the money you could use to buy another lens with on wet camera repair. :biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom