1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Full Moon...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by p3200TMZ, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Moonrise | Maroubra Beach | Sydney, Australia 2008
    [​IMG]
    Bessa R2 | Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f2.0 | Efke KB50 | Rodinal 1:100

About a 40sec exposure at f4.0

2. Now you've done it - I'll be singing that Creedence song in my head for days! I like the way you have the moon and sky in the upper third of the image with the ocean and rocks dominating the foreground. Good stuff Mr. Landscape!:smile:

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    When you make a print of this, I'll bet you stare at it for an hour!

4. Thanks, Tim.

Chris, I really want a large print of this. I start using some old Rodinal I found in the basement, and wow, are the tones so nice with this slow speed Efke film.

Ray, although it does not look like it, I was waist deep in the surf for this photo. The Bessa was about 12 inches above the high-water line! And the new lens got nailed!

It was tricky swell, I wanted this composition, but most of the time it was underwater, but about every 5 minutes or so the swell would pull back for about a minute and expose the rocks and sand.

I was standing there for the longest time, trying to figure out how I was going to get the shot without getting wet, when I thought, Ray would be disappointed if I stayed dry! So I waded in. You have to remember it is winter here, so the air temperature was about 50° with water a little warmer, thank goodness!

Odd thing is, I have been taking a hot shower with my tripod a lot lately...

5. cool shot
    i really like the way this one turned out

6. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Killer Image. I want a print.

Gregory

7. What a beautiful shot.

You really captured the magic. Great shot.

CRavsten

8. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Wonderful shot! So much more exciting than my shot of the nearly full moon from the other night.

I think you need to invest in an underwater housing for your gear. You will be spending the money you could use to buy another lens with on wet camera repair. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.