A Funny Thing Happened No Pictures)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Jan 5, 2006.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Which only my fellow wildlife shooters might appreciate:

Last Monday while out looking for birds, I ran into two well to do looking older women with really expensive spotting scopes AND FUR COATS.

We shot the sh*t for a little while and I then proceeded to tell them that I had spent the previous two days out SHOOTING eiders and loons.

I was immediately assaulted (honest...hit twice!) with the woman asking how in th world I could take pictures of animals one day when I had been "shooting" them the day before!

At first I didn't even realize what the heck was going on, but as my wife looked on...apparently ready to jump out and find out why I was being assaulted...I realized they thought that "shooting"=with a GUN!

I started laughing which angered them even more until I explained that shooting meant with my camera!

They have now both visited my pbase account and have contacted me about purchasing some images :)

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Priceless!

Great account of how words can be taken the wrong way.

3. Jim that is a great story. I need to show it to my wife. She still gets mad at me when I say,"I am going out shooting". She says I need to change my terminology, I tell her that is what it is called. Great story and glad you may even profit from it. You made my day.

4. Too Funny! What about them FUR coats?

5. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I've had that happen before too.
    My sister is a veterinarian, and obviously loves animals. I also shoot firearms (but don't hunt), and she knows I do 'both' types of shooting.
    One day I told her I "shot some birds" the previous weekend. The silence was deafening. I let it go on a few more seconds, and then told her "with my camera". I think she wanted reach through the phone and slap me.

6. Very funny story Jim. I can almost visualize them swatting you. But then is does still beg the question about the fur coats.:rolleyes:

7. LMAO, luv the story! It even had a Walt Disney story ending....... :smile:
    But Boy, I would have paid in advance to see this LMAO) 45921590.

8. Jim Too funny sound like they need to be smacked walking around with Fur coats on while looking down on you for shooting little birdies

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Talk about a tough SELL !!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have to clarify "shootin" all the time when I don't have the camera with me...

Good job, get the sales anyway you can Pal....:>))))))

"FUR COATS" hummmm

Pot calling .. oh never mind ;;;

11. that is too funny! Would of loved to have seen that!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Heck Ann, I would have liked to participate. :biggrin:

13. What a hoot!!! I still wonder about the coats!?!?!