A gate to heaven.

One of my shots while visiting a public park in Quebec, Canada. The gate caught my eye and the woods were beautiful.
Technical data:
Camera
: D300 with 18-70 lens on a Manfrotto 3021 tripod. Electronic cable release.
Linhoff ballhead.
The file was edited with Topaz B&W Effects 2.
Adjustments made to brightness and contrast. Soft digital filter used.
Original RAW file.

DSC_6938-2_zps58b71bb6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I want to thank you all for your nice comments. I rarely post in the b&w forum and rather offer my critiques but to participate and posting the occasional photograph is something we all should share.
Merlin it could be hard to find another person who uses more contrast in his photography than I do but in this particular case I had to be careful because adding more contrast tipped the dark areas and took away the impressionistic look I wanted. Believe me, I took contrast to a point where I knew from there on it could destroy the "feeling" I felt when I visualized it. I do appreciate your comments.

William.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
One of my shots while visiting a public park in Quebec, Canada. The gate caught my eye and the woods were beautiful.
Technical data:
Camera
: D300 with 18-70 lens on a Manfrotto 3021 tripod. Electronic cable release.
Linhoff ballhead.
The file was edited with Topaz B&W Effects 2.
Adjustments made to brightness and contrast. Soft digital filter used.
Original RAW file.

DSC_6938-2_zps58b71bb6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I like your processing on this one William

Mike thank you for your comments. Think about your subject when making the shot and what attracted you to photograph it. Edit to show what you envisioned and your creativity.

William.

Sorry but not to my taste, but then again if everyone liked everything what a boring world we would live in.

I always try and give an honest opinion wether I like a photo or not. There is no point ,in my view, saying something one does not mean.

Latest threads

Top Bottom