A Gin & Tonic

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by p3200TMZ, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Refreshing...

[​IMG]
    Nikkormat FTn w/ Nikkor-P 105mm f2.5 - Tri-X & D76 1:1

2. Good stuff, Lynn.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow she's got cool eyes! Did you use a filter?

4. Very nice, particularly the woman.

5. Great idea for a diptych, I like this a lot.

6. Thanks, Ned. The look and feel of the Nikkor 105mm cannot be mistaken. The 'bokeh' of the background has really captivated me. So smooth and creamy. You call it, 'edible'.

No filters here. Just pure Nikkor.

Thanks, Ed. I think I am finally getting a grasp on the methods and techniques needed get decent tones and details from B&W film. I was surprised at the detail in the photo, considering that it is Tri-X, like the fine hair on her cheek. The Nikkor 105mm has a unique ability to capture huge amounts of detail without ripping the photo apart. I have been shooting my Nikkor 135mm's, f2.0 and f2.8, more lately and the photos are terrible. They are so scathingly sharp, hard, difficult to describe. At the moment, the 105mm and 180mm are two of my favorite telephotos, both have similar look and feel.

John, I felt like the two photos needed to be together to tell the story. Thanks for your comments.

7. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I really like the composition a lot...It's a very cool image. Nice tones....

Now for the truth....

I avoided this thread....since I frickin hate Gin. But the nice image made me post.

8. Dave, thanks for overcoming your aversion to gin to take a look and comment. I am open to a new title. I could not think of anything else. But we have a drink, cool, refreshing, etc, and lady drinking, enjoying, relaxing, etc. So forget about the G&T, what is your thoughts?

Hmmm...

9. There really isn't any lens like the 105. This is why I own three of them.

10. Wow, Coogee Legion Ex-Service Club??
    I had a friend in Coogee over 35 years ago. She lived right near Coogee beach (not quite Bondi, but nice!) on Beach Street.
    Hottest Christmas of my life, about 35 deg. C.!! :smile:

11. Frits,

Amazing, such a small world. These photos were taken at the Coogee Legions. I prefer Coogee over Bondi any day, but the beach of choice is Maroubra, next beach south, photos here and here. They recently remodeled the club, putting covered balconies along the front. So you can sit with your drink of choice and watch the surf roll in. I will have to get a few photos of the view.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017