1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A girl and her doggies

Discussion in 'People' started by BostonRott, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Emilie, with Banja (5) and Bort (12.5). :biggrin:

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Too cute...looks like they all have the same smile!

3. awesome shot, gretchen
    the LOOK OF "GLEE" on Emilie's face.... PRICELESS

4. All 3 have the same huge smile on their faces!!! Love it!
    Your daughter is a real cutie!

5. Glad you liked it! :smile: I told Emilie I was a big monster coming to eat her, meanwhile saying "are you reeeadddddyyyy????" That always winds up Banja, so I got 2 outta 3. Bort would've given me 'ears' if I'd said "chicken" but there's only so many phrases you can utter while shooting 180mm at 1/30s hand held and not ruining the shot! :tongue:

PS. Maybe I should photoshop a grin onto the Cuz?? :biggrin:

6. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Gretchen great pic!! They all look so happy.

7. Just an all around great shot. I love the look of pure joy and happiness on Em's face!

What was your ISO on this shot? Why shoot that lens at such slow shutterspeeds when you've got the king of low noise bodies? Stick your camera on 1/200 with that lens wide open and use auto ISO. Keepers galore!!

8. This was ISO 1000, f/4.5 and 1/30th. I was hesitant to go below f/4 with dogs (OOF noses), wanted to be sure I had most of Em and dogs in focus. I was very happy with the separation from background.

Today is pretty overcast, I may try shooting some higher ISO's, (4000 and 5000) of just the dogs, and see what I feel about the noise levels. For stuff like Em's gymnastics where this is no option, I don't hesitate to use them. For stuff like this, I try to keep the ISO as low as possible.

Often, a 9 FPS burst will help alleviate motion blur on my part. :smile:

ETA: In looking at the shot, to me, Bort's face is soft (dog on the ground). I think my focus point was either Em's face or chest. Coulda used a touch more DOF probably.

9. Fun shot of Em and your boys.

10. Love this! They're all looking and smiling, it doesn't get better than that!

11. Love this shot also. Your daughter looks so happy.

12. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    love this shot. They look like her guardians.

13. ktz_04

ktz_04

Mar 17, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    this girl is well guarded.. love the shots...

14. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Love it! Extremely Cute!

15. ..so much for getting rid of the pets in order to have kids! What a trio. Very nice Gretchen.:biggrin:

16. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    What a sweet image. Tell me about the dogs...how long have you had them? They're beautiful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.