A good sign...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Frits, May 9, 2007.

1. My wife Anne and I were sitting outside before dinner today. I had been stalking a birds nest just before. To my surprise Anne started a conversation about the bird - particularly what kind it was (a regular house finch, but I ain't telling :smile: ). So she goes and gets her binoculars (typically used for Celine Dion shows) and starts checking out the birds.
    Methinks this is a good sign folks. Mind you, she is very supportive of my photography and the related expenses, but hey, every bit helps :biggrin: .
    Now, where is my Nikon Big Glass catalog....

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8
  2. GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York

Sweet lens isn't it!
    Great subject to boot!
  3. I'd suggest a book on birds...just to keep the interest up. But what do I know? I'm divorced.:Sad:
  4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Be very careful, work slowly, she has the hook in her mouth! :wink:

Keep up the subtle hints........

5. Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    I suggest a candlelight dinner and Peterson's Bird Guide. Take your time and be subtle. Pretty soon, the 600/f4 (VRII?) will be HER idea. Resist and buy the 400/2.8, citing budgetary restraint.
    This leaves room for the TC 1.7, Wimberley, new Gitzo...
    If this works, I'll try it.
  6. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  7. Aaahh, you folks are getting the idea all right - bright bunch you are!! I just KNEW that I could count on your moral support for this :biggrin: :biggrin: .
  8. I agree Frits, this is a good sign! But mind you there is a fine line between support and competition...

You know that you've done something wrong, when SHE buys herself a D2xs and the 600mm lens and won't let you use it :biggrin::biggrin:

9. Aaiiii Andreas, thank you for raising this ugly scenario :eek: .
    I will have to check the Prenuptials to see whether she could get away with something like that!
  10. :biggrin: :biggrin: