A good sign...

My wife Anne and I were sitting outside before dinner today. I had been stalking a birds nest just before. To my surprise Anne started a conversation about the bird - particularly what kind it was (a regular house finch, but I ain't telling :smile: ). So she goes and gets her binoculars (typically used for Celine Dion shows) and starts checking out the birds.
Methinks this is a good sign folks. Mind you, she is very supportive of my photography and the related expenses, but hey, every bit helps :biggrin: .
Now, where is my Nikon Big Glass catalog....

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Be very careful, work slowly, she has the hook in her mouth! :wink:

Keep up the subtle hints........

Wade

Frits:
I suggest a candlelight dinner and Peterson's Bird Guide. Take your time and be subtle. Pretty soon, the 600/f4 (VRII?) will be HER idea. Resist and buy the 400/2.8, citing budgetary restraint.
This leaves room for the TC 1.7, Wimberley, new Gitzo...
If this works, I'll try it.
Dave

Aaahh, you folks are getting the idea all right - bright bunch you are!! I just KNEW that I could count on your moral support for this :biggrin: :biggrin: .

I agree Frits, this is a good sign! But mind you there is a fine line between support and competition...

You know that you've done something wrong, when SHE buys herself a D2xs and the 600mm lens and won't let you use it :biggrin::biggrin:

Andreas

I agree Frits, this is a good sign! But mind you there is a fine line between support and competition...

You know that you've done something wrong, when SHE buys herself a D2xs and the 600mm lens and won't let you use it :biggrin::biggrin:

Andreas

Aaiiii Andreas, thank you for raising this ugly scenario :eek: .
I will have to check the Prenuptials to see whether she could get away with something like that!

Latest threads

Top Bottom