A great big purple flower right "out of the box"

Somewhat amazingly, (for me), this shot has only been cropped, and resized for web with a slight bit of final sharpening added, no other adjustments made to it. It's not like me not not tweak the living daylights out of a pic! Is this a Columbine?
D2X/70-200/TC 1.4/fill flash

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Flash Used Yes
Focal Length 210 mm
Exposure Time 1/250 sec
Aperture f/9
ISO Equivalent 400
Exposure Bias -2/3
White Balance (-1)
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority

Thanks Jerry, you're right,

it is a Clematis. I knew what the lady told me started with a C! :oops: Thanks for the clarification.

Glad you liked it, Brian

With my D2H, I *might've* had to do some color correction. For some reason, the D2H doesn't always show purple colors accurately.

Re: Glad you liked it, Brian

Steve S said:
With my D2H, I *might've* had to do some color correction. For some reason, the D2H doesn't always show purple colors accurately.

My D70 does the same thing. I was using my Tamron 180mm macro lens with a Hoya polarizing filter (and UV filter) to capture a few images of bluish purple irises a few weeks ago. Granted, they were bluish purple, but each time I reviewed the images on the D70 display they appeared to be vibrantly blue. I also rotated the polarizer to decrease glare while capturing images. They also appear to be blue on my laptop monitor. The strange thing is that they print purple! Ouch! I thought I had everything calibrated... :oops:

I also thought it was due to my polarizing lens, but it isn't. I hope it is a quirk or my inexperience at monitor calibration.
44198740.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

amazing photo... I want a D2X and it's people like you who are responsible hehe.. beautiful flower Steve..wow

Yup, straight out of the camera, Josh

Dragonflydm said:
Great flower..is that straight out of camera?
Hey, I remember you from over at FM People forum. Nice to see you over here. I've always admired your work. To be absolutely clear about what I'm saying here, I shot this in raw, then in NC, I turned off the in-cam sharpening and used the amt recommended by Ron R for this ISO. I then converted it to tif, opened it in PS, cropped it, resized it, added a touch more USM, then finally, converted it to jpg. So, it that light, yes, this shot was "straight from the camera." That means I didn't play with the curves or color correction at all.

Thanks Mike,

mcs said:
Great shot, like the colour.

It really stretches for the sun!
I'm lucky to have such great gardeners for neighbors at my lake place! They love to show off their stuff too.

Latest threads

Top Bottom