A Great Blue Heron display

I was unexpectedly surprised by what I captured during yesterday's outing. After watching the GBH for about an hour, I thought well nothing much is going to happen here so I was about to leave, when he went into action. This guy did a real dance for me after capturing the fish. After reviewing all of my shots, I don't think he did a flip.

Again, not as sharp as I think they should be:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D70, 80-400mm 1/640, F6.3 ISO400

Louis that second shot is pretty funny the GBH is doing the splits. I think I will stop by the park later this afternoon to see if he is around. The last few times I have been there it has been very slow.

Good catches Louis. I like the flight shots of these guys, and especially shots with the fish in the beak. You've got both. :wink:

Well done.

Wow, Louis. That second one is a classic! Can't say I've ever seen a bird do something like that. Great captures, all of them!

These are great. I like the pose in the second one. Looks like he is walking down the aisle in a fashion show :)

Cool shots, Louis!! I'm with everyone else -- that second shot is unique - haven't seen a GBH do a balancing routine like that before.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom