A great girl

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, May 16, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    My sister has taken interest in helping a girl who hasn't had the greatest family life. Melina is graduating next month and my sister wanted her to have some senior portraits. Her family wasn't buying her any. In fact my sister is seeing to it that she is going to be able to go to college.

Anyway, I volunteered to do the senior portraits. They drove four hours to have me do it. What a treat it was for me. Can you believe that Melina doesn't think she is pretty. We kept telling her how gorgeous she is and she just beamed.

Here are my favorites, although she had a lot of nice ones.

original.

View attachment 95956

View attachment 95957

View attachment 95958

Melina and my sister. (I made them get a photo together!)

View attachment 95959

2. Wow.....

3. Beautiful smile

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Lovely photos of a lovely subject. Your poses are great in this set. Exposures are perfect IMO.

5. Your right, she is a gorgeous young lady and how lucky she is to have your sister take her under her wing. Lovely images Terri and a nice story as well.

6. mugman

mugman

Dec 2, 2006
    California
    Really nice work there Terri. My favorite is the second to last one, with her elbow on the wall. Really nice quality of light on her face and excellent background exposure. Well done!

7. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    You really did a great job Terri.

8. Terri, your photos are fantastic. Your sister is doing something that Melinda will keep memories of for the rest of her life. I also have a daughter named Melinda. You can tell your model Melinda that she is a very beautiful girl. Thanks for the warm post.
    Pete

9. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

Wonderful work

10. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    Some really nice shots there. I think they're both rather fetching!

11. Wow! Terri, these are wonderful photos of a very pretty young lady.
    I also like very much those outdoor shots, the light is very nice. Was it available light only or did you use some kind of reflector?

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    First one is the one:>))
    Very well done

The rest are great snaps

13. WOW! Terri, Melinda is just STUNNING! A butter-melting smile, eyes that shine warmth, a face that glows in every way! And your sister is a gem of an angel for doing all that she has! Your story brought back the memories of my own story - very similar! Thanks for sharing!

14. Very nice shots Terri. She is a very lovely girl... but the one's that dont know it are the best kind to hang out with :wink:

15. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    So very true Brian ..... otherwise they have these inflated egos and expect to be given the 'special' treatment all the time.

Great shot Terri, of a very beautiful girl .... #1 is it for me.

16. Your story gave me my "wake up smile" this morning Terri, thank you :smile: . Your images are outstanding, what a pretty young lady she is indeed!
    I shot some portraits of a similarly "under cared for" teenager last year (I won't go into details). She was in awe of her own portraits and stared at them for the longest time with a smile from ear to ear...
    I am certain that you are having the same reaction here Terri, good on you for doing this!

17. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Great story and excellent images Terri. That is great of you and your sister to give this beautiful young lady your time and attention.

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Regards,

18. First, great photos, I'm sure she'll love them. Second, beautiful young lady, I can't believe she doesn't think she's pretty. Thirdly, your sister isn't too shabby either. :biggrin:

19. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Great work! Nice color and lighting, your subject Melina is a beautiful young lady.

20. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    She's not just pretty....she's gorgeous! And what a smile!

Your sister is a saint!

The photo's are excellent Terri