A great girl

My sister has taken interest in helping a girl who hasn't had the greatest family life. Melina is graduating next month and my sister wanted her to have some senior portraits. Her family wasn't buying her any. In fact my sister is seeing to it that she is going to be able to go to college.

Anyway, I volunteered to do the senior portraits. They drove four hours to have me do it. What a treat it was for me. Can you believe that Melina doesn't think she is pretty. We kept telling her how gorgeous she is and she just beamed.

Here are my favorites, although she had a lot of nice ones.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95956

View attachment 95957

View attachment 95958

Melina and my sister. (I made them get a photo together!)

View attachment 95959

G

Gr8Tr1x

Lovely photos of a lovely subject. Your poses are great in this set. Exposures are perfect IMO.

Your right, she is a gorgeous young lady and how lucky she is to have your sister take her under her wing. Lovely images Terri and a nice story as well.

Really nice work there Terri. My favorite is the second to last one, with her elbow on the wall. Really nice quality of light on her face and excellent background exposure. Well done!

Terri, your photos are fantastic. Your sister is doing something that Melinda will keep memories of for the rest of her life. I also have a daughter named Melinda. You can tell your model Melinda that she is a very beautiful girl. Thanks for the warm post.
Pete

Wow! Terri, these are wonderful photos of a very pretty young lady.
I also like very much those outdoor shots, the light is very nice. Was it available light only or did you use some kind of reflector?

WOW! Terri, Melinda is just STUNNING! A butter-melting smile, eyes that shine warmth, a face that glows in every way! And your sister is a gem of an angel for doing all that she has! Your story brought back the memories of my own story - very similar! Thanks for sharing!

Very nice shots Terri. She is a very lovely girl... but the one's that dont know it are the best kind to hang out with :wink:

So very true Brian ..... otherwise they have these inflated egos and expect to be given the 'special' treatment all the time.

Great shot Terri, of a very beautiful girl .... #1 is it for me.

Your story gave me my "wake up smile" this morning Terri, thank you :smile: . Your images are outstanding, what a pretty young lady she is indeed!
I shot some portraits of a similarly "under cared for" teenager last year (I won't go into details). She was in awe of her own portraits and stared at them for the longest time with a smile from ear to ear...
I am certain that you are having the same reaction here Terri, good on you for doing this!

Great story and excellent images Terri. That is great of you and your sister to give this beautiful young lady your time and attention.

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Regards,

First, great photos, I'm sure she'll love them. Second, beautiful young lady, I can't believe she doesn't think she's pretty. Thirdly, your sister isn't too shabby either. :biggrin:

She's not just pretty....she's gorgeous! And what a smile!

Your sister is a saint!

The photo's are excellent Terri

Latest threads

Top Bottom