A great Sunday

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Nothing to complain about this weekend. Weather was great (hot), my buddy got his new Machine Gun (thank goodness :smile: ), the birdies were obliging (a RTH posed for us for over an hour), I met some fine folks and some heavy hitters (photo wise :wink:).

So without further ado here's a sampling of what I captured

Look Ma no legs :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess I could complain about not catching any fishing, but I won't :smile:
    [​IMG]

the look is deceiving, cause he really likes me :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

a side note this is the 1st time I've used Kelvin instead of presets for WB, and I am very happy with the latest update firmware, it really did improve AF!

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Ben

You guys down there in CA are LUCKY!

Most of all the birds up here in New England are now gone for the next 5 months, except for the gulls and crows of course.

Sooner or later one or two owls and an eagle will show up but that's about all we'll get for the rest of the winter...and it certainly isn't going to be hot up here any time soon!

As always.....your shots invoke jealousy from me :)

3. Excellent as always and I echo Jim's comments as far as lack of cooperative targets up here, keep them coming please so I can live my wildlife fantasies through you!

4. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    Ben,

WOW ... your images are absolutely stunning!

Kat

5. Ben these are great as always. It makes me want to book a trip to So. Calif.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Jim
    You know I would trade all my birdies for a photo shoot or two with Owls and Eagles any day of the week and twice on Sundays
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:

Look forward to seeing yours when they arrive and thank you for enjoying my work.

7. Geez where do you find these birds....

Sharp well exopsed great poses of the RTH...

I just went to Sepulveda basin yesterday afternoon to try somethings out and see how they worked...

8. Wonder if the administrators would consider the ability to have canned remarks. Get kind of tired of constantly saying "Great shots!", "Super Sharp", yada yada. But that seems to be what I'm always saying on yours! You da man!!

9. Yep, I think Brett (Helmet) and I need to hang out with you more often..:biggrin: :eek:

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very excellent series Ben. Looks like you had a really good weekend. :wink:

11. Ben:

Great images.

Gil

12. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Mike
    and I hope I can oblige :wink:

13. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Kat
    Thanks so much for this very nice comment and thank you for taking of your time to comment and view.

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Jim
    anytime you can let me know and I'll we'll go to these places and shoot em up ........... it'll be a hoot!
    :smile:

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Come on Kevin don't get tired, heck I never tire of the "yada, yada's"
    :biggrin:

There is a down side (have you had this happen yet) since coming to the Cafe my yield has actually gone down. In that I mean shots I would have lived with before no longer will do. The Cafe has made me (happily) work very hard at elevating my skill in both camera and post work!

So with that you are all "Da Men and Women" and thank you! :wink:

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

You know who guys are welcome anytime
    :wink:

17. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Frank
    Yeah thinking back I really did, the company, the birdies, the weather it was all Good!