A great two hours

I had some time this morning and spent a couple of hours looking at many wonderful photos here. I just want to say, what a talented group of people you are. I am so grateful to be able to learn from you. Just wish I had more time to browse here. There are still so many posts I haven't looked at yet.

Do you find that there isn't enough time to see all you would like to see here?

Terri,

I have to agree with you, there is not enough time to fully digest all of the information on this site. I spend countless hours here and my wife is beginning to wonder how I can sit at the computer so long, looking at either text or images....I told her, "it's a photography thing...you wouldn't understand!"

The problem for me is, I see so many different types of subject matter being shot, that all I want to do is get out shooting even more in hopes of capturing similar images. I went out the other day for hours searching for egrets/heron and never found one or anything else interesting enough to shoot with respect to wildlife.

But without this site and it's members, I can honestly say that I would not enjoy my photography as much as I do. Thanks everyone for what you bring to the table each and every day.

Hi Terri,
I agree with Frank. It does take some effort to keep up with all the posts. I enjoy seeing what's here first thing in the morning and then again in the evening. Sometimes during the week, I'll peek in during the day.

I like looking at the different "gallery" forums as the postings usually give me new ideas and things to try. I also like browsing the top half of the forum too, though I don't contribute as much up there. ;)

I have my favorite places to visit but enjoy looking through all the areas.

Hi Terry,
Lately I have had to choose between spending time at the Cafe or processing pictures taken during some recent trips. I am not doing either one of those things well but I try. By the way, I like your new avatar.

Re: !

rose_canyon said:
I forgot to say that I can view some member personal pbase/smugmug galleries and/or sites etc... and not others. Don't know what the differences are in how they 'load'. Nor why forum pages/images load less successfully for my dial-up.
Guess I'll be in the dark for awhile longer.
Come on cable companies and broad band.... please come to our neighborhood!

It must be so frustrating not having broadband. I bet you'll get it soon!!!

gho

Dial-up is not that bad if you get a good line and can connect at near the top speed of your modem (i.e., 56K). It's still a pain to load images, but reading text and smaller images load fine.

Loading larger images however, absolutely kills dial-up, and if they're seveal in a row, it most certainly chokes.

But with the low cost of broadband, it makes more sense to go with it if you can get it in your area:

Phone line: $20
ISP (i.e., AOL): $20

Broadband via Cable: $40
Broadband via DSL (requires phone line though): $40

Of course, it's all moot if your location doesn't have any broadband options. Not sure how much satellite broadband costs, but it's probably comparable, and can be recieved just about anywhere (there's a bit of a lag time though, with satellite).

Best dial-up I found is netzero.. Used it for a long time before getting a dsl lite line, spead 128.. Not all that great. I have a tough time on the pics, but I am very persistant most of the time. lol.

netzero 9.95 a month. Don't ever use AOL if you can help it. Don't fall for that for 4.95 a mo you can surf up to so many times faster that is hooey.

This is an addiction worse than lens lust.

I will go back to my dreams of owning a D2(x/h) body for now. Thanks.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom