A half baked attempt on a Monday night :)

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Desmond, Apr 12, 2011.

1. On Monday night someone arranged a fun shoot in Hamilton , 50km from my home so I rushed there after work just to join in quickly .
    This time I was in a big hurry to get there and since it was a Monday night I didn't make much effort to take a lot of gear or spend time setting up lighting - I had a flash in my left hand most of the time and sometimes cheated and bounced it off someone else's umbrella .

This is what I got from the evening :

aparkinglotshoot014.

aparkinglotshoot016.

aparkinglotshoot070.

bparkinglotshoot090.

Some natural light shots as well at iso 6400

cparkinglotshoot102.

cparkinglotshoot110.

dparkinglotshoot196.

and one of the 'behind the scenes shots'

dparkinglotshoot144.

2. I think #3 (with the hat) is my favorite, and #7 has potential.

3. Thanks for the feedback :) #7 was taken with the Tokina 11-16 using available light only . I suppose a tripod could have helped the situation as well .

4. I'm looking at them again, I personally don't care for the natural light ones (except #7) they just look too dark. I like the lighting and exposure on #1, her eyes look great. I just don't think I care for her pose.

5. Desmond, like them all except #1. My only suggestion would be to try B&W post as it normally goes well with night time photos.

6. Feel free to edit them if you want :)

7. OK, from the other side of the globe, here is my half baked attempt :smile:

5614677983_41b406e764_z.

Attached Files:

8. The last photo "behind the scenes" is revealing. I'd ask, 50km to shoot on a rooftop of a prarking ramp? I do like #2 and #3, although the focus is off on #3 - hairlight is nice. (I am a softy for blue eyes).

What did the others get?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.