A happy accident?

Not exactly sure what happened here... double exposure yeah, might even be a triple? I think this happened when I accidentally set my F100 to one of the CSM meant for the double exposure mode. But I love how the 2 boys blend into one on the middle of the shot.

32510005 by The Reptile Guy, on Flickr

Real Name
Chris
I love it Shaun! Doubles sometimes seem to magicly guess how to combine into a picture greater than either single exposure. Your picture is a great example if that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Amir!

I love it Shaun! Doubles sometimes seem to magicly guess how to combine into a picture greater than either single exposure. Your picture is a great example if that.
Thank you Chris... I know you really like to post your own doubles. I am pretty sure this is one of those things that would have turned out far worse if one had planned it/purposely tried for it. Unless one has a lot of experience with what makes a good one.

Real Name
Chris
Accident is the ONLY way to make a decent double exposure. You can, of course, increase the odds of a happy accident. I like to runt film through a second time with a different lens, or subject material, or sometimes, just wind the film back a few frames to over shoot the last few.

I had a shot like that of my brother on my porch from earlier this year. It was a pleasant surprise!

Mamiya 645 AF-D with, I think, Portra 400.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom