A Happy Man

PMB_144020.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A Happy Man, July 2005

Don't need to own much to have a smile...

PGB

What can I say Peter. This shot has many emotions.

Great capture,

Peter, I loved everything about this shot....As usual, your work evokes emotion...Thanks for bringing a smile to my face...and for touching my heart.

Absolutelya wonderful and emotional image Peter.

Very well done.

Thank You for sharing

What an image...I can only imagine what the man's story is. His facial expression is priceless. Excellant capture!

Oh my goodness Peter, there is a million miles in that face. He must be a character and you have captured the essence of what he is about.

D

dbirdsong

bendheim said:
PMB_144020.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A Happy Man, July 2005

Don't need to own much to have a smile...

Wow.. that is a fantastic photo... can you share anything about him?

dbirdsong said:
Wow.. that is a fantastic photo... can you share anything about him?

Thank you to everyone who I haven't thanked individually - I appreciate all you kind comments enormously.

about him...yip, he's 84, a veteran of El Alamein and the North African Campaign in WW2, fourkids, a very complex man who keeps to himself and says very little, lives an absolutely simple life with no desire at all for material possessions, has spent his life smoking like a chimney and is now suffering the consequences....

This is just one of those pics you want to see in an album! When work of you is being published and available in Belgium I'll certainly buy it.
See forward to another serie of photojournalism!

jamesjoyce said:
When work of you is being published and available in Belgium I'll certainly buy it.

Rudi...I'm dreaming of the day IF it ever happens - that I can have a book. But books need to be "themed" and have a consistent style which I'm not sure I have. To me that's the hardest thing about photography - to develop one's own style. I'll need to find an overseas publisher - in South Africa there is not a huge market for photography as art.

Thanks for the generous words!

Hello Peter,

Although I have already posted in this thread, I still sit and stare at Yip's image. I see a friendly, humble man with many years of life experiences etched into his memory. You say that he is very quiet, not requiring material possessions and suffering from the years of smoking. Yip would probably be a wonderful interview...just hearing his stories would be a true pleasure. Thank you so much for bringing him to us, your image of him is a true testiment that pictures can say volumes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom