A Hawk - What Kind?

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
I tries to identify this bird but was not very successful. A
Red Shouldered Hawk - Buteo Lineatus??
DSC_7639.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
I think you guys are correct. I could not find a photo of that bird in my bird reference. I just looked in Bing. That is exactly what it is. Thank you.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Beautiful shot! There is some strange coloring on the left and right sides.....editing residue? Adding a little canvas to the right side would be nice, giving the hawk more "room" to look in to.

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
Beautiful shot! There is some strange coloring on the left and right sides.....editing residue? Adding a little canvas to the right side would be nice, giving the hawk more "room" to look in to.
Hi Karen. You are correct in the strange coloring. Don't know what it is, humm. Editing, processioning?? Add a bit of canvas - not sure what you mean. I guess I could extraxt the hawk and give it a different background.

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
I'm seeing the same thing. Was something cloned out above the tail and to the right of the beak?

Looks like a red-tailed hawk to me.

Hi Mitch. Nothing was cloned out. It was processed in Topaz Studio 2, that's all. I will check other photos of the hawk and see it the same thing is there.

Hi Mitch. Nothing was cloned out. It was processed in Topaz Studio 2, that's all. I will check other photos of the hawk and see it the same thing is there.

It's strange to my eye. Do you see these areas on your original file? Does this appear on other photos?

artifact.JPG

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
Taa Daa - I know what it is that you are seeing. I shot these photos from my office. The window is dirty with some smudges. I shot thru the window. Here is anothe
DSC_7616_01.JPG
r photo with the same problem..

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
Nice capture Jim.
Good morning Bear. I got very lucky with this photo. I was in my office and saw this hawk fly to the top of an Italian cypress tree. My camera had the 600mm lens on it. I grabbed it and started snapping away. Only problem the camera was hand held. That Tammy 600mm is heavy. So I took lots of photos and a few were in focus. I was happy.

Latest threads

Top Bottom