a headshot using Sigma 24-70 HSM

I'm trying to find reasons to dislike this lens, but I can't find ANY. :eek:

Here's a a headshot of friend (and fellow Nikon shooter) Brooke. You can tell by her hair that we are in Alabama (humidty). :redface:

DSC_2738.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Need more examples with this lens. I'm trying to justify this lens instead of getting another prime. What would be some observations with this lens. Is it fast to focus, does it hunt?

Need more examples with this lens. I'm trying to justify this lens instead of getting another prime. What would be some observations with this lens. Is it fast to focus, does it hunt?

Focus is fast but it does have a hesitation when first activated. Mind you, my hesitation is measured in milliseconds because I normally shoot sports. :biggrin:

I still haven't tested the AF at night.

some more from that day...

DSC_2779.jpg

DSC_2772.jpg

DSC_2757.jpg

DSC_2746.jpg

DSC_2751.jpg

here are a few i took as soon as i open the box to my 24-70 2.8 HSM. these have not been edited.
3841400428_43019331a3_b.png

3841398588_2e519a1de2_b.jpg

View attachment 399713
View attachment 399714

are these with the new version of this lens? Id like to see some minimally edited portraits and some of the more difficult shots like through trees backlit and/or foliage as the background in general.

are these with the new version of this lens? Id like to see some minimally edited portraits and some of the more difficult shots like through trees backlit and/or foliage as the background in general.
i know the ones i posted are not portraits but they are straight from the camera.

I saw on another forum the debate about Nikon vs 3rd party lenses put very simply:

"If you want the best and can afford it, go with Nikon. If you can't afford the best, go with the 3rd party lenses"

I saw on another forum the debate about Nikon vs 3rd party lenses put very simply:

"If you want the best and can afford it, go with Nikon. If you can't afford the best, go with the 3rd party lenses"

In most cases I agree, but I have a Sigma 50 1.4 that I wouldn't trade for any Nikon version of a 50. JMHO.

As always, you shouldn't (not you, original poster) paint with such a wide brush.

i cant complain about the one i have.

what are the major differences between
Sigma
24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro DF Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D
and

Sigma
24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF

im shopping around and doing research as too what to get... cant afford the Nikkor

F

firewind

Here some new shots from a Thailand Tour!

3896395761_6e080ba7e3.jpg

3897167374_743fbc99f6.png

More shots during next week...

I purchased the Sigma 24-70 HSM some days before leaving, so i have little experience with it, but i like it very very much...

It is a little soft at 2,8, but i can live with it... i never will be able to afford the Nikon and i can also live with the little difference...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom