A Landscape in the Ice

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bobhoge, Feb 4, 2005.

1. One of those times I would have liked a wider lens

13738009-M.
    Lemaire Channel, Antarctica D-100 24mm

Bob

2. A very foreboding lancscape. Like the subtle color to the glacial ice. I would also have like to see a wider view. Maybe next time you go you will have all the glass you want. Thanks for sharing this image.

3. Very nice Bob! Almost duotone look to this pic. Interesting composition to show textures.

4. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    That looks ccold. Beautiful scene, you captured it well.

5. Hi Bob,

Wow...I saw this picture was taken in Anarctica. Did you go there on vacation? or were you on a crusie?

This is one awesome picture. I really like the composition.

Thanks for sharing this work of art,

Melissa

6. Hi Melissa,

Yes we were on an expedition type cruise. 19 Days - Falkland Islands to South Georgia to Antarctica and back to Falklands with Lindblad Expeditions in November-December 2003. It was a super trip! Three very different environments.
    More info on Lindblad at www.expeditions.com

I sort of like this one from South Georgia:
    13741221-M.

I will write up about the trip in "Places to Shoot" here soon. I just finished writing up Alaska today.
    More of our photos at http://bob-nan.smugmug.com/Travel/53730

Bob

7. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hi Bob, I am new here and I like what you have displayed here. Looks very cold. Good composition too. Nice job.

Todd