A Lifer For Me

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, Sep 7, 2017.

1. It is always exciting to see a new species, especially in your local area, where you think you have seen most of the species! This King Rail popped out into the open, totally unexpectedly. We had no idea this species was around that area. This was taken on the Apopka Wildlife Drive, Apopka, Florida. Captured with the Nikon D500 and Nikon 500 f/4E, FL, ED, VR lens, iso 3200. The profile image at iso 1600. The image with the worm included the Nikon 1.4E III TC, iso 3200. Apopka-Wildlife-Drive_DSC5669-2_00001. Apopka-Wildlife-Drive_DSC5705-2_00001. Apopka-Wildlife-Drive_DSC5805-2_00001.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    Beautiful bird, you captured it well. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. photogramps

photogramps

May 6, 2012
    uk
    Roger
    Congratulations on your 'first' ... #2 shouts 'Rail' to me from my knowledge of the little UK Water Rail and it's the image I prefer of the set, #3 is cool though :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fabulous! Those are great shots. Looks a lot like the brown-cheeked Rail I knew from eastern India. Congrats on the new species AND the great shots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks so much Andrew, Roger and Nick !!!

6. well done, your gathering more talent as time passes.....I enjoy your work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Excellent captures, I especially like the pictorial quality of #3 that would look great hanging on the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  8. excellent shots, I really like the "worm in the mouth" shot as it says something about the bird and its behavior.

Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers,
    alexis and Georgie beagle

" worms, yuk! Mom lets go to McDonalds for breakfast" - Georgie Beagle

• Like Like x 1
  9. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Very nice. It is hard to pick a favorite for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Much appreciated Jbird, Alexis, Gordon and Darrell!!!!

11. Very nice captures, especially 2 and 3. Can't see how they could be better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beautifully photographed, and a very interesting bird.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Congrats on finding/spotting this rare bird and you've done an excellent job of capturing the images. Superb shots Nancy!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Congrats on the lifer and nice job on the images.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wonderful images....congratulations on your lifer. These kind of moments always get the heart pumping a little faster.

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's so neat Nancy! # 3 is exceptional