A little bit frustrated, go shooting orchids

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Yesterday, I supposed to have my left eye surgery. The hospital told me half an hour before surgery that they forgot to order the lens to be put in my eye. Tell me about good work and effective communication :twisted: :twisted: Since frustration can't be easy expressed in front of a nice nurse (cute also), I took my leave, got my camera and gone shooting. Here're some orchids pictures.

original.
    original.

Cheers.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Dao, I'd say that you worked out your frustration in a very positive manner. 8)

Sorry to hear about the mix-up. I was hoping that we would hear from you in a day or so telling us that both eyes were fixed and that all was well. :|

Any idea how long it will be now?

Frank

3. Hi Frank, they re-scedule me for April 29th. This time I will harrass their order department to be sure they get the lens. :twisted: :twisted:

4. These are very unusual and beautiful orchids, Dao. Where is you find them? Lovely framing too.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. Lovely orchid shots Dao, even with your bum eye. The first one is simply beautiful.

6. These are finely crafted. I'm particularly impressed by the exposure, the DOF and the background of the first post.
    Vraiment , bravo. C'est un travail de maƮtre.

7. Hi Virginia, the pictures were taken at the Montreal Botanical gardens. Its greenhouses have a reserved section for orchids with a lot of species year round. These orchids can be botanical gardens home grown or lent by members of differents orchids clubs. Thanks for the lind words.

8. Gordon and Christian, a thank for the appreciation. Regards.

9. WOW!! Dao, your shots are just fantastic!! :D :D :D :D