A little gold

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bob Coutant, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I went looking for deer today and didn’t even see a tail flashing through the woods. After a couple of hours, I gave up and started looking for a dogwood that wasn’t past its prime – struck out there too. In the process, I went past this little tree peeking out of the woods several times before I noticed it. Inasmuch as it is all I got today, I had to like it – hope you do too.

DSC_0827sm.

2. If they were gold they won't stay long on the branches... ;-)

I like it though, interesting perspective and composition. Very nice.

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Actually that is quite beautiful...Good job

4. The leaves seems to be floating in the air, very nice picture.

5. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Jonathan, Gale, Gilles -- thanks for looking and commenting. Maybe the day wasn't a total bust.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I think it is a very nice shot. I also like how you created your border to match.

Thanks for sharing,

7. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Patrick. I keep trying different approaches to borders -- sometimes they work, sometimes not. The process does make me think more about presentation of an image.

8. very nice....love the colors and the background :smile:

9. Very nicely captured and beautifully presented.

10. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Mike & Frits -- thanks for the kind words, but Mother Nature did all the hard work.

11. How do you do the borders? I've been wondering about that. I have several pictures I'm going to get printed in various sizes and like the effect of a border at times. Just wondering how that is accomplished. My PP software is a bit limited I'm using PS Elements version 1.0 right now for the PP I do (Unsharp mask, cropping etc.)

Thanks

12. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Hi Neal,
    There are several different ways to apply borders, drop shadows, etc. You should be able to do that with PSE, but I can't tell you exactly how -- I use Picture Window Pro for my editing. I think that, if you pose this question in the retouching forum, you should get plenty of help from PS and PSE users.