A little late...

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Harry Lavo, Jul 3, 2007.

1. As time permits, I am going back and redoing PP on shots I took in late May of the Sandy Koufax League kids in action. These were shot under ideal conditions...an informal diamond where I could get close to the action and strong late afternoon sun allowed me use of my 80-200 lens with a high shutter speed. I also experimented since I knew light would not be a problem with shooting in jpeg.

I haven't posted these here before. These have only been cropped, brightened slightly with comensurate slight boost in contrast, and have had a very light application of unsharp mask. I think they turned out pretty well....and the third baseman seemed to get the action that he was calling for....but the throw was a little late...

[​IMG]
    1/2500s f/2.8 at 200.0mm

[​IMG]
    1/2500s f/2.8 at 200.0mm

I'd like to know what you guys think...it seems to me the in-camera jpeg with minimal processing is the way to go for sports shooting...but for my night game shooting it seems impossible since any underexposure using jpeg seems to be an invitation to noise disaster on a major scale.