A little light on the subject

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just playing with light.

Yep ya fooled me
But I think you took the plant with you to shoot eagles and when they were being boring shot the orchids:>))))))

Yep ya fooled me
But I think you took the plant with you to shoot eagles and when they were being boring shot the orchids:>))))))
Ha Ha Ha LOL

Actually I shot the orchid in my kitchen with a wooden chair, a black nylon windbreaker over the back, the flower on the seat and a flashlight from my truck.

lolol
Worked great
I used to use an old black sweater...lol
They say velvet it better though

D

Dave_Canada

Ha Ha Ha LOL

Actually I shot the orchid in my kitchen with a wooden chair, a black nylon windbreaker over the back, the flower on the seat and a flashlight from my truck.
Thats a great idea thanks i want to try it now:biggrin: very nice image also!

nothing like a poor mans studio.. great job...
You got it, I'm not really a indoor shooter so I was playing on a rainy day

lolol
Worked great
I used to use an old black sweater...lol
They say velvet it better though
It would be, But if you shoot with a shallow DOF and keep a seperation between the flower and th BG it really make little difference.

Thats a great idea thanks i want to try it now:biggrin: very nice image also!
If you do try it try to have normal indoor light on the front and I used a LED Flashlight at a angle on the backside to let the flower to bring the light to the front.

Kim

Love your shot. I have been trying to get mine to look like this. (with no luck) Makes me want to try again.

Love your shot. I have been trying to get mine to look like this. (with no luck) Makes me want to try again.
It is not a hard shot Kim, the key is to use LED light on the back side for added light and normal light from front, No Flash!!!

That's an awesome looking picture. I must get a velvet backboard....
Thanks Jimmy

The background here was a black windbreaker Far enough from the Flower and Outside DOF.

H

husawis

Gary, nice shot. White orchids are reall difficult to balance because of the relective petal surfaces. You did a great job here.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom