A little munchkin

Discussion in 'People' started by Trish5, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    I had the extreme pleasure of spending Christmas with ALL of my kids and my grandson this year. What a joy it was!

I am still practicing with the SB800 and grabbed this shot of him as he played his 'pinano" for us by the fire on Christmas Eve. I used Gary Fongs photojournalist diffuser and bounced off high ceiling. Not crazy about his dark eyes and I guess I need to do a 45 angle instead??

[​IMG]

and here is one with my daughter and son in law:

[​IMG]

2. Trish, I hope you don't mind but I have reworked the first image just a little. The problem is not with the Gary Fong PJ diffuser but rather with your exposure. I found the image to be underexposed some and with it the attendant noise. It is a cute image and with just a little post processing work can look quite nice. Here is my rendition:

original.

What I did was to adjust levels a little and then relieved some of the darkness around the eyes by dodging. Lastly I ran a noise reduction program to eliminate the noise and then up sized it to 900 x 600. It still has a little halo around the image which I will guess was caused by your oversharpening due to a slightly blurry image that was caused by your slow shutter speed.

3. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks Gordon! I will play with it some more..you have given me hope for it!